Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXXm from Brazil, was diagnosed with epididymitis,

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX from Brazil, was diagnosed with epididymitis, my doctor has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic cefuroxime axetil arcoxia, I realize that the internet is not the antibiotic that usually use, I have no UTI, only slightly increased the maximum of leukocyte 10500 11500'm with.

I continue to hesitate antibiotic cefuroxime or better for epididymitis

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

I would advise that you go ahead and take the cefuroxime that you have and then follow up with your doctor on completion...

Anthony Bray MD :

If you fail to completely treat this with the cefuroxime then you can always switch to another antibitoc such as Cipro for example...

Anthony Bray MD :

The Cefuroxime should have good gram negative coverage which would include the most common bacteria that may be a cause....

Customer:

dr u think cefuroxime used to this kind of treatment, because I see that most use amocilina or ciproflaxano

Customer:

dr how long should I use it prescribed 12 days, what do you think

Anthony Bray MD :

Yes I think that the Cefuroxime is fine to trat this... as I said IF it does not treat this completely then I would opt to switch later to Cipro later....

Customer:

12 days or more

Anthony Bray MD :

12 days would be adequate coverage for epididymitis BUT the potential problem is that OFTEN you may be dealing with a prostate infection as well.. if prostate is infected then I would treat this for 30 days and even then recommend follow up check!!

Customer:

tahnks doc

Anthony Bray MD :

The main thing that I would recommend would be that you do follow up after you complete treatment!!

Anthony Bray MD :

You are very welcome!

Anthony Bray MD :

Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated! Thank you and Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD