Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

good morning doctor,I am trying to get ready today for a

good morning doctor, I am trying to get ready today for a surprise birthday party for one of our Missionaries and my right arm started hurting again. Its weird its like in the muscle area feverish and just achey when I move it and a dull ache if I don't move it but warm inside. I just took two tylenol. I am not sure if this is from the way I sleep or what. I notice it yesterday as well.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Where exactly in the arm and is the muscle actually tender?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I is in the area of where like they would give you a shot top of arm middle center in the area where a tourniquet would be put. Not tender but a little warm inside and if I don't move it its just achey a little bit. I notice that this new bed I have is so high that my right arm has nothing to lean on at all unless I drape it across my stomach and then I forget and go to sleep.

I didnt get to much rest last night I was getting ready for today went to bed at 2:30 am and woke up off and on the rest of night and got up about 7:30.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't sound like anything more than a little muscle inflammation, probably from sleeping on the arm. Certainly not your heart. Nothing to worry about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well I don't sleep on it at all it kind of just hangs wrong.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Still just from the bed and they way you were laying--still nothing I would worry about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You know I was trying to help clean today and I had some pains in my chest but went away and I passed some gas so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Still nothing to worry about--we've talked about this before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I took a celebrex about 2:30 and about 1:00 I used the cream on my arm that you told me to buy my arm is kind of burning. It appears to be burning in the area forearm like on the top 1 inch from where blood wood be drawn from.like in a quarter size.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just that small an area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was the cream you suggested I use that burned I think.

I wash it off and the burning went away. I took a celebrex and the arm feels a little better as long as I don't move it. It just feels warm inside the arm. I wonder if I pulled a tendon or something.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And if you clench your fist or lift something with the arm does that make the area hurt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it hurts more when I bend it. It clicks almost like something is out of joint BUT there is no joint there. It only muscle and tendon and tissue I think. When I move it it clicks or pops.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The muscle itself clicks? The click isn't closer to your elbow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the muscle like clicks not near elbow at all. Its in the middle of my arm in the fat part of the arm on the outside not under it.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--this sounds like a touch of tendonitis in the tendon that runs along the muscle in that area. Still nothing very serious and it should resolve itself in a few days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what causes it doctor? anything that I can do to help heal it?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It just happens sometimes although repetitive motions of the arm can cause it. For now no heavy lifting and continue to use the cream. If it gets worse, a cortisone injection or some oral prednisone will take care of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't use that cream anymore it made it burn and itch like I was have an allergy to it. Its bicep tendonitis right?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Biceps tendonitis, yes. A heating pad could help for now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok I will try that the celebrex did help some. I will take another one tomorrow If I need it..

I was able to pull off the surprise birthday party for the sister missionary today from Hawaii with the help of a Church member and Celebrex.

She was so very happy and surprised. She turned 20 today.

Thanks again doctor for your help and suggestions.

Have a good Sabbath day tomorrow.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You too my dear--celebrating with Celebrex, eh?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

without it doctor I wouldn't have been able to make tacos, spanish rice and beans. It has helped me. Thanks again I am going to go shower in a while and lay down for now I think the cake gave me a sugar problem.

I feel like my sugar is getting low

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Have some juice or a piece of toast then and get to bed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Doctor,

Do you think I should get a sling for my arm? Its hard not to use it and it feels like their may be a small bulge near the top of the arm now.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, rest is best for tendonitis so that would be a good idea for a few days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I rest it doctor I have to work and use my right hand? I am trying not to use my shoulder or muscle but hard to do when I need to shower and use the restroom and brush my teeth if u know what I mean.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, if it's that painful have your doctor look at it since a cortisone injection would help. You can use a sling for all the time you don't need to use the arm or hand. Sorry but time to close this page with a rating--it's getting a bit long.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice