Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

can you tell me if I should be concerned about my 6 year old

can you tell me if I should be concerned about my 6 year old granddaughters feet feel very warm to the touch each night. When she goes to bed her feet are cool to the touch. she never wants her feet covered so they are always uncovered. there is a ceiling fan blowing on her all night. her feet feel very warm to the touch but the rest of her body will feel cool. it is only her feet, top and bottom, from ankles up her skin is cool. they do not hurt her or no burning feeling just the skin always feels hot, only at night.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 4 years ago.

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

Can we chat?

Dr. R. Bora :

Does she have any redness of the feet?

Dr. R. Bora :

Please enter the chat session..

Dr. R. Bora :

Are you there?

Dr. R. Bora :

I am waiting but I see that you are following the chat session.

Hello Lisa. The warm feeling on her feet without any redness or burning could be due to increased blood flow into the tissues.

However, you should get her thyroid profile checked to exclude abnormal thyroid function.

You should also get her routine blood checked to see if the blood cell counts are normal.

No burning and redness is a good sign though. You have to take her to the GP.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Hi, may I help you with any further question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I will tell my daughter to take her to pediatrician. I do not know how to usr the live chat option
Alright Lisa.

Please get the following tests done for your granddaughter:

1. Thyroid function test.

2. Routine and differential blood count .

These tests will give you a basic idea about what may be going wrong in her body. She might need other tests depending on the results of these tests and clinical examination.

It was a pleasure assisting you.

Hello Lisa,

I hope my answer has helped you.

I believe you do not have any further question left regarding this issue. If you need any more assistance , please let me know.

Thanks,
Dr. Bora.