A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Ive smoked marrijuana for 13 yrs roughly about 20 grams a

I've smoked marrijuana for 13 yrs roughly about 20 grams a week I quit 31 days ago failed test today how much time till I get clean I'm 6` 2" 225lbs

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

Regular users can expect to test positive for up to 6 weeks after the last use, so you would have at least a couple of weeks to go before your urine would test clean. Marijuana metabolites (what the tests actually test for) are stored in body fat and released very slowly over time in the normal turnover of fat cells. That is why it takes so long. Hair tests would be positive for at least 3 months.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok is there a way to speed up the process

I'm sorry but there is not. It is tied to the normal turnover of body cells. There is little you can do to change that in two weeks.

I'm sorry that isn't what you want to hear, but it's the correct answer. It's a question we're asked several times a day.

Best regards,