Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
Hello and welcome, Matt,This is likely to be Achilles tendinitis; heel tendon inflammation. The fundamental principle of any injury to heal are following;1) Avoid exertion for a while. So some modification to your routine has to be done, I am afraid.2) Avoid painful activities. Pain is a protective phenomenon and tells us to avoid the specific movements.3) Rest.4) Support the tissue by an brace.5) Local analgesic cream.6) Ibuprofen.Following may be the detailed treatment plan;
1) Moist heat or ice compresses; whatever suits you
2) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen
3) Local analgesic ointment /spray
4) Physical therapy
5) Deep electrotherapy like iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation etc.
6) Consideration of steroid shot
7) Shock wave therapy
8) Custom-fabricated inserts in shoe-wear
There is a new therapy called as autologous blood injection in which your own blood is injected at the pain site, is said to be quite effective. Shock wave therapy is available in sport medicine clinics or physical therapy clinics.Please feel free for your follow up questions.My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
What is shock wave therapy?