Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

Ive been having an eye pain for 2 weeks. Dryness is what I

I've been having an eye pain for 2 weeks. Dryness is what I suspect and it feels like it. Applying a lubricant/artificial tears provide a short relieve. Very uncomfortable during the day.

And the other symptom is I feel pain when I move my eyes to the corner. 4 days ago the pain almost subsided on both eyes. My right eye is fine now, no pain on the corner, but my left eye is back to it was before in terms of the pain level.

I had a car accident 2 weeks ago, where my car was struck from behind by a bus. I felt fine that day but that night I had this terrible throbbing headache, but the eye pain did not start until 3-4 days after the accident.

Could it somewhat be related?

This accident happened when I was on a business trip in Asia. Doctors confirmed that my brain was normal. I returned to the US a week ago and am still experiencing a jetlag.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Have you underwent CT scan of head?
Any external bleeding after the accident?
Do you have vertigo or dizziness now?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dr Charles.

I was very sleepy last night I went to bed after posting my question.

01. No I did not undergo a CT scan. Both DR think it was unnecessary. Also to let you know, my head did not bump into anything/hard objects. It was just a whiplash.

02. There was no external bleeding.

03. I don't have vertigo nor dizziness either. I think we may go through a flu too. Wife is really sick of flu now. I don't know if mine was flu or not, the symptoms started about the same time as the eyes pain. No sore throat, no runny nose either. Just some dizziness and weakness. They are all gone now, it's just the eyes pain that linger.

Thank you

Dear customer,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I've taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

There are many reasons of eye pain after head injury occurs. Sometimes, the actual impact of the head injury affects the part of the brain regulating eye
activity, causing the symptoms of eye pain & other symptoms like dryness.

So it is quite possible that your eye symptoms are because of the head injury you had in a car accident 2 weeks ago.

A black eye is bruising to tissue under the skin surrounding your eye.The area around the eye turns bluish or purple because tiny blood vessels (capillaries) under the skin burst and blood leaks out into surrounding soft tissue.

A black eye is not usually a serious injury.

Following will help you greatly:

-Use gentle pressure, apply a cold pack or a cloth filled with ice to the area around the eye.

-Bed rest with the head of the bed elevated to encourage the blood to settle.

-Increased blood flow to the bruised area allows the skin to reabsorb the blood more quickly.

-Pain medications & anti inflammatory medications like acetaminophen can be taken to reduce the swelling & pain.It is available as OTC without prescription.

All this will help in resolving the symptoms greatly.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions,please ask me - I'll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist