Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

i have a swelling in the right cheek of my buttocks. it doesnt

i have a swelling in the right cheek of my buttocks. it doesnt hurt, it just feels like there's a small round object inside, but i'm worried what's causing it, and how to treat it. thank you.

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Is the lump painful?

Since how long you have this lump?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr.Charles,

No the lump is not painful.

I first noticed this towards end of last year, i didnt pay much attention to it. But its not going away, so im getting worried.

Dear Man,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I've taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you are having as the swelling in the right cheek of your buttocks can be most probably due to a condition called lipoma.

It is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below
the skin.

Its exact cause is not known.It is non cancerous.It is diagnosed by physical examination by your doctor.

In general, lipoma is left untreated because there is no known method of treating
it and because it is harmless.So it do not generally require treatment.If it
causes any discomfort like pain,tenderness,infection or if it increases in size,it
can be removed surgically.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that as your lump/swelling is painless you does not require any treatment.Just watch & keep an eye of observation.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Hi Man,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there anything else that I can help you out?

Let me know,