Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Im strugglig with dizziness for the last 3 days. It started

I'm strugglig with dizziness for the last 3 days. It started with a headache and everytime I moved my head to the right I would get dizzy but if I turned to the left it was fine. I was just diagnosised with allegy asmtha that we think is exercise related so I use an inhaler before I excercise-I also take singualar and claritin. I have high blood pressure so I'm on meds for that. My right side of my head/glands feel all swollen.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--have you ever had this before? Any ear pain or stuffiness?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No - I have never suffered from dizziness before. I do have the stuffiness and I am prone to ear infections but it does not feel like a normal ear infection. My entire right side of my head is stuffy

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just one more question--tell me all you can about the headache please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It started out feeling like a migraine but the advil took care of the biting pain. Now it is a dull ache that for the most part I can ignore. It is focused mainly on the back of my head near my neck and radiates up. Does that help?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Well, obviously you're having an attack of vertigo and often these just last a few days at most. That said, it could indicate an ear infection or a sinus infection. The one thing that concerns me a little is its association with a headache and for that reason I suggest you have a doctor evaluate you to see if an MRI of the brain is indicated. Not meaning to scare you here but it's possible that this is a TIA--a threatened stroke--and for that reason I don't think you should just wait and see if it goes away on its own
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was planning on calling my doctor in the morning. Is that soon enough?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That would be fine
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice