Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Just got my FSH and LH results; age 43 FSH = 25.2 and LH =

Just got my FSH and LH results; age 43 FSH = 25.2 and LH = 10.9. What does that mean?
Hi--and we can continue here if you need more information but these are pituitary hormones involved in the stimulation of the ovaries to produce estrogen and progesterone and the numbers fluctuate depending on where you are in your menstrual cycle. In your case the numbers indicate a perimenopausal condition--that you're heading towards menopause which isn't an unusual situation for women of your age
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Chip, my doctor had my hormones checked to see if I was a candidate for injection of hormone pellets to help with my symptoms of extreme fatigue, forgetfulness, brain fog, and mood swings. So, in your opinion, are my levels at an appropriate range for this type of treatment? thanks again.

Well, before we go there, how long have you had the symptoms and have you had your thyroid and cortisol levels checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had these symptoms for a few years but had a very bad episode of uncontrollable emotions and continual panic attacks and was put on 20 mg of prozac 6 weeks ago tomorrow. My doctor did a follow-up 2 weeks ago and since my fatigue felt worse. He wanted to run my hormone tests again.

To answer your other question, yes, had those tests, free cortisol was .52 (test was at 12:30 p.m.) TSH was taken 6 mths ago and was 1.20 I do have one more test to take tomorrow morning for ACTH Plasma; not sure what that represents; but was told it had to be done in the morning before 10 a.m.

OK--the reason I asked is that your symptoms for the most part strike me as not menopause related. To go back, yes I think you do need hormone replacement for now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, with all the information from above. You do think hormone replacement for now is an option and to ask one last question. To summarize what are the overall factors of my blood results, symptoms, etc., that now in your opinion place me in a position for hormone replacement?

I assume you also had your estrogen, progesterone and testosterone levels checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Those tests were taken 6 months ago. The current blood work I just had did not include estrogen, progesterone or testosterone. Those levels were at the following 6 mths ago.

Estradiol - 99

Progessterone - 1.34

FTS - 0.42;
TESTO - 35.30

What does ACTH Plasma represent and is that relevant to my hormone levels?

OK. With all you lab work, yes you are in perimenopause for now and I would suggest the hormone replacement for about six months to see if that helps with your symptoms