Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Doctor should I keep taking the Zantac ? Can it hurt if I go

Doctor should I keep taking the Zantac ? Can it hurt if I go beyond a two week period? I think it's only been a little of a week now. I can feel it once on a while it wants to burn but doesn't. Also since I have been sleeping on the new bed the darkness around my eyes is better.
You can take it for a month and then stop for a while and see how it goes. Glad you're getting some good sleep time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Happy Sabbath Doctor!!

Last night my mom told me she though I needed to get a prescription for potassium. She said because of the surgery we had the gastric bypass it depletes us. She said she gets light headed and dizzy when she doesn't take hers. She also said she takes like 5000 mg of B12. What do you think doctor?

Not likely that your potassium is low and I'm sure it's been checked in the past several times
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am looking and the last lab work says potassium 3.9 level

vitamin B12 is 789.

Doctor what is Anion gap it say 16 H

What is creat serum it says 0.8 with a circle around the number.

The ion gap is a derived calculation from you electrolytes and in some laboratories up to 16 is normal. It can be a little high if you haven't been eating very much but it isn't anything to worry about. The potassium of 3.9 is fine as is the B12 level. A creatinine of 0.8 is fine--it indicates good kidney function
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok great thank you. Today I had a blessing at Church and while it was being given to me the spirit witnessed to me to do what you instructed me to do. Call tomorrow one of the teaching hospital and make an appointment with the Neurology department. So I will do that at Stanford university in Palo Alto first think tomorrow. If I need ENT specialists as well can they send me to someone there as well?

They can do both and let me know how it goes. Have to close now--need to go somewhere. Blessings be upon you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doctor, which one of these should I call? here is a listing of what they have at Stanford Hospital / Stanford Clinic in Palo Alto California? I'd start here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I copied and pasted this website. Do you think I should try to schedule the endoscopy and colonoscopy first? They give you some stuff to drink to empty the bowels will that cause heartburn? And will I be able to still take my zantac twice a day? even though its just fluids for a couple of days?

No the colon cleanser won't cause heartburn and you can still take the Zantac. Talk to the folks at Stanford but go ahead with the endoscopies
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was thinking that I should get the endoscopies out of the way it appears I have multiple issues going on. Am I correct that these are separate issues?

Yes they are separate and you should be able to get the endoscopies done very soon now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try to get it scheduled today. So I just realized something since we have been talking. I am having more of a balance issue then dizzy issue.

Its weird sometimes I have better days and some are worse. If I get upset it gets worse or if it is hot outside its worse.

I agree it's a balance issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay I just made the appointment and it is for Monday May 6 at 12:15 and the test actually will be at 1:15 pm. I am scared but I will do it because I need to get one hing fixed at a time. And I now know what to do to try and fix other issues.

Sounds good--let's close this page and get back to me when you next need me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am just laying in my bed watching TV and falling to sleep off and on and I have a small pain under my left arm I between the arm pit and breast for no comes and goes. Also I need to take another Zantac as aim laying down I feel slight burning so its time for another Zantac. My endoscopy is may 6.
Let me know how you're doing later on today
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am good ...I got up and took a shower and went to sleep. I think it was gas not sure it went away and didn't come back.

I agree--just gas and not your heart
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have a good week Doctor.

You too my good friend
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't get a response form you so I am not sure if you received the message I sent to you earlier. I work out of town every week I stay 1 block from this teaching hospital:

Should I try to get into this hospital or the other one Stanford University?

One more thing I take all of my vitamins first thing in the morning on a empty stomach can that have anything to do with my heart burn or ulcers ??

Answered you on the other page