Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Actually just forget it. Im done. I give up

Customer Question

Can i take restoril right now and go to bed
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
If you want to but I have to say that if you're taking it just because you want to sleep right now to avoid being awake it isn't really the right way to use it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent taken it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont really know.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you're saying--you asked if you could take it and I said yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But if i take it when i dont need it then id be abusing it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Very true
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk if you can answer this but restoril can be fatal
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why ask and don't come back with just curious
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really just curious
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Strange curiosity coming from you. I really can't answer the question and you know why
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not even if it was a what if scenerio
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You can Google the answer--I just can't put it to paper here and your "curiosity" is getting out of hand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Later maybe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont be mad at me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm not but you know full well why you asked the question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i make a promise to you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I promise ill reach outif im goingto do it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Promise noted and accepted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel sick
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
If you'r going to say something like that it would save time to tell me the whole story in one post
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please dont be angry. I feel pukey, lightheaded, my tummy hurts
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not angry but you should just tell me more instead of a one liner. All of a sudden?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You usually tell me that there nothing you can tell me about it. My tummy started hurting after i eat lunch. Its been getting a little worse. The other things just kinda started
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
True there isn't much I can do about it. Just so you'll know I suspected this when you asked about the chicken nuggets. Tell me--over the past few days has this been a continuing problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And you're taking all your meds as prescribed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. What makes you think i wouldnt take my meds?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just asking--don't get testy here. Does eating make this worse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then we have to be talking stomach or maybe gall bladder. Really can't say much more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was kinda thinking stomache. I just wanted your opinion
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well it really can't be much of anything else if it hurts right after you eat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you get sick of
Hearing from me everyday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No--remember it goes with my job and my personality
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i tell you something. Im thiking of doing it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Go ahead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im really struggling with my emotions. Id be ok if i didnt wake up tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--so what's so bad tonight that you think that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont wxactly know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, it won't work like that--you have to talk to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel like a screwup. I ferl like all i do is make people mad.i feel like everything woukd be better if i did it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
If you're thinking about your mom, she's already one angry you-know-what. And if it's Marty, well you know what I've said about him. You didn't make your friend mad today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel like i let my sisters down
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How so?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like i dont protect them from being emotionally attacked. Im just ready to be done
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You mean from your mother? Do you talk to them about how she is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya from her. They know how she is but they dont want me to even talk to her. Because some how by talking to her im betraying them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I doubt they actually say that. Can you avoid talking to her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have actually told me that themselves. I dont know if i can avoid tslking to her
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So what are they saying--that you should just tell her never to come around and never to contact you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say i shoud have absolutley nothing to do with her.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, that may not be practical for you but even so, is that the only thing that makes you think you've let the teens down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel like i dont have enough time for them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--let's turn things around a bit. Mother's (yes I know you aren't their mother) very often feel that way but life does intrude on situations and unless you turn to being a stay-at-home type parent figure it just isn't practical. Also--what would happen to them if you were out of the picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i wasnt here they could live with someone who could protect them. I think they are miserable living here with me. Even judt typing that makes me cry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Protect them from what and who would they live with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk who theyd live with.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Exactly--you'd basically be abandoning them to the fates. To me that would be letting them down, not how things are now when you're obviously doing well with what most people would find a very challenging and difficult task
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They could go live with someone else. I dont want to do this anymore
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So let them go somewhere else rather than taking the easy way out of getting rid of them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont want to get rid of them. I love them. i think they deserve way better than i can give them.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So you love them, don't want to get rid of them, but your best thought is to leave them? Doesn't make sense
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never said it made sense
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then you agree that it isn't a rational or useful thing to do? And basically it would only let you run away from life and the teens--in a sense, the ultimate let down for everyone involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I kmow its not rational but at this point i dont care
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then there really isn't anything more for me to say. I do think when you get like this you're overdramatizing things and acting like it's the end of the world. Yes you don't have the best of lives right now but welcome to the world because we all have times like that. I know you're tired and frustrated and sad and all that, but there have obviously been many days when you don't feel this bad and those will come again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Overdramatizing. Really, whatever
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Tried my best for now--nothing more I can say. At least don't let me down tonight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am i going to turn out like my dad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1)i worry ill turn out like my dad andctry to od a hundful of times like him

2) my therapist before the one i am seeing now said id turn out yucky like my dad unless i come to believe 100% what my dad did was wrong. Dont ask me why im thinking aabout this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't think you'll turn out like your dad--you do know what's wrong and you've been willing to work on it and it sounds as though he never has come that far and maybe never will. You do need to get to the point of realizing what he did was wrong and entirely his fault but that will still take some time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry for bothering you with my petty problems
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not petty and no bother but have I at least gotten through to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A little
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So I can go to bed and not worry about you tonight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not make a promise. But i will call someone. You need to stop worrying about me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I can't stop worrying but at least it's good to know you'll call someone. Get back to me tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last question. If i toss and turn all night would you be ok if i take the restoril
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--and yes I don't have to say this--but only one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought 6 sounded like a good amt. i know only 1
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just one and talk to me tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I slept for about 2 hrs last night. I am so crabby
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well at least you mad it through the night--listen, again--very long page. Sorry to have to ask but we need to close with a rating and then pick up on a new page.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice