Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have beesick for about two weeks just started with a cold

I have beesick for about two weeks just started with a cold but two days ago I started getting really nauseated and had to leave work. Yesterday I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with the flu and walking phenomena. They gave me a steroid shot and I'm on my third dose of a z pack today. I feel terrible today and I thought I should be feeling better. I get nauseated when I try to eat or walk around and I feel like I have to talk more breathes than usual. I also have a headache and my temp has been 96.6 since last nifht . Any advice on what to do??
Hi--did you have a chest x-ray?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No just had blood work done.

Have you been eating and taking lots of fluids?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't really eat much I feel like I have to throw up when I try to eat. Been trying to drink a lot of water when I can

OK--first off, pneumonia can hit you like a ton of bricks and you can be very ill for at least a week, even if the antibioitics are working. You need all the rest and food and fluids you can get for now. At lease try juices and a bland diet of soups and toast and bananas for now. If you aren't at least a bit better by Monday, you need to see the doctor again because you may need a change of antibiotics to something like Cipro or Levaquin