Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

my son age 13 has swelling on his left side of his chest, he

Customer Question

my son age 13 has swelling on his left side of his chest, he has been on antibotics 500 mg per day one pill,
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry about your son's symptoms.

Since how long is the swelling?
Is the swelling painful, tender, red, warm?
Has antibiotic shown some response?
Any significant past medical history?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dear doctor

we were on holidays last week , my son woke up with s sore throat. one eye had puss , the doctor gave him eye drops and eleqine 500 mg ,one pill per day and voltaren 75 mg .the infection in the eye cleared , he continued to take the elequine until yesterday.

for the past 3 days he has been very drowsey, with a constant drip coming from is sinus ,and coughing

the swelling in his chest has increased over the past 3 days , he showed me the swelling today ,its swelling quiet large

His symptoms of drowsiness, cough, constant dripping from sinus, large swelling in chest; all are significant symptoms / manifestations. These need immediate attention of a doctor. So you need to go to your primary care physician or Accident Emergency of the hospital. The possibility of pneumonia, carbuncle, septicemia (all infection) should be looked into and these conditions need injectable antibiotics.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please feel free for your follow up queries.

Please click excellent / good, if this interaction has been helpful and satisfactory. Only a positive rating gives us credit for the work and expertize. You can ask follow up questions, even after rating.

Thank you.

Best wishes and kindest regards.