Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I have a small patch of red skin on my right buttock with 4

I have a small patch of red skin on my right buttock with 4 to 6 craters (pimple-like) filled with white material..like whiteheads but irregular in shape. It is itchy and is accompanied by pain when I try to clean/wash it. I've had it for a little over a week. Have had severe headaches and malaise also. Don't know if they're related. I have a picture of the rash but don't know where to upload.

Associated history of diabetes?

Are you overweight?

Pus discharge?

Excessive sweating?

Swelling around it?

Is area tender and warm to touch?

Are you taking any medications?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No hx of diabetes. 30 lbs. overweight. Not sure about pus discharge but the sores bleed when cleaned. No excessive sweating. No swelling. Area is red, warm and tender to touch. Not taking any medications except Tylenol, Vitamin E (800mg daily) and 300mg Fish Oil. The area that is white may be dried after I applied Hydrogen peroxide to the sores?

Thanks for providing more information.

If they are white bumps (pustules) then it sounds like you have boils.

These are small abscesses that can occur on the the buttocks (and other areas of the body) and can occur due to infected hair follicles or breaks in the skin and in areas of friction.

The treatment for small boils is to apply warm compresses to the area along with antibiotic neosporin ointment.

If they do not seem to be improving, however, you need to see your doctor for an exam.

In some cases, they need to be opened and drained (especially if they appear to be getting larger and more firm).

Other possibilities is that these are herpes bumps...however these do not typically cause pus drainage.

Herpes typically has the appearance of a blister that eventually becomes a sore/ulcer.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can't upload a photo. I think it would help. I know what boils are, and these aren't boils.

Please you may use the "paper clip" icon on the text entry form toolbar to upload a digital picture. Alternatively, you may send your picture to a photo hosting site, such as Flickr or Photobucket, and provide a link to the picture in a reply to this information request.

I'll try my best to help you in every aspect.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX 3 times to use the paper clip icon and receive a note that says I'm unauthorized to use.

http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/kauaipatty/media/rash_zps02083aa6.jpg.htmlse that feature.

I have received your photo link and it suggests possible differential diagnosis like Dermatitis,fungal infection.

So apply hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment.

Also wear cotton clothes.

I would suggest you to take an antihistamine like levocetrizine 10 days

If possible you can make an appointment with the dermatologist who will examine the area and be able to make a diagnosis on direct visual examination and might also ask for a biopsy if needed.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you -- is levocitrizine over the counter?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can't see a dermatologist or any doctor, can't afford the visit! That's why I asked the question and provided a picture. Still waiting for an answer about where I can get the levocetrizine.