Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Saw the Doc yesterday for the back pimple...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He popped it for me and covered it up with a band aid. Said it was probably because of an accumulation of fat tissue there. It was a decent size. He also didnt know how to explain the pain i felt in my thigh which he though was very strange.

OK--so what's your worry right now? And all he said was it was strange?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea he wasn't sure how to explain it. He examined it, saw no rash or swelling and didn't get how it could just last 12 hours and then disappear. He obviously said I could have pulled something while asleep too...

Worry right is the tinea, it feels good gone on the creases and around scrotum but below ball sac by crease down there feels still not comp gone...i was wearing more fitted jeans today and experienced a little discomfort in that area

Why, again, exactly does a persistent case of tinea worry you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its just the info i have read on the internet. I feel like something is wrong with me based on what i read. On most sites it says it usually clears up in a few weeks. I have not been completely clear of it and it is now almost 2 it bothers me from that perspective that I might have something far worse wrong with me the fact that it has taken so long

So what exactly did you read on the internet about it and exactly where did you read all that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well i read sites like ehow, webmd, wikipedia and some other medical sotes/forums. here is one for example: all mention possible autoimmune problems as a possible cause

Well that mentions opportunist infections but do you understand why those kinds of infections occur in disorders like HIV (which, by the way, is not an autoimmune disorder)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i do not. please educate me

OK Opportunistic refers to infections caused by organisms that are fairly weak and usually don't cause infections in otherwise healthy people. Classic for HIV is pneumocystis pneumonia and aspergillus and cryotococcal meningitis. Tinea in general can hit anyone--just like athlete's foot, and even if it takes a while to clear up that doesn't mean it's a sign of HIV. And HIV opportunistic infections only occur when the white blood cell count drops to, say, less than 1,500 (nowhere near your values). And people with a very low white could don't get boils like what you had. Boils have pus--pus is lots of white cells--people with a low white cell count can't form pus
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got think i had a boil and not a pimple?

What came out when he popped it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A scab/lid like thing...i don't remember if any puss did also

Well if it popped and anything came out with the way you describe it there had to be some pus. Point here is it isn't a sign of anything serious--just a common skin/soft tissue infection like I've had before.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea you are probably right. I just wish I could get rid of the tinea! It's like the worst possible skin problem i have had.

It still is nothing to worry about and it will clear in time. Hopefully though I've put your mind to rest for now. And, seriously--no more internet searching for medical things.