Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hi Doctor, I actually had an okay day today except for the

Hi Doctor,
I actually had an okay day today except for the dizziness. I slept good in my new HARD bed. I didn't wake up with a back ache this morning. I received the magnesium pills today. Am I suppose to take 1 with a meal or anytime ?
One in the morning with breakfast--so the back's fine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This morning I woke up with no low back pain. When I am out of town and sleep like at the Hilton I also wake up with no back pain. The part of my back has hurt for about 5 years. AND this is my 5th bed. I guess it took one as hard as a rock to help with the back pain. My neck still is tensed and my shoulder still tensed some although I am not as bad as I was yesterday.

Last night when I went to eat I was in a restaurant here locally that I haven't been in for about a month and when I was done eating the waiter which is 20 years old asked me if I was alright I said well actually no I am not feeling to well. So other people can tell I am not myself. I noticed I have dark circles around my eyes as well. My asked my husband why does everyone ask me if i am alright and he said because you look like you are going to pass out any minute.

So how has your sleeping been lately?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not good at all maybe 5 or 6 hours a night. I actually got about 8 hours at least last night it felt really good. I took a muscle relaxer and went to bed. Going to see a movie now will check back later doctor.

Well you probably look the way you do from not enough sleep and maybe not enough physical activity
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sure I haven't been getting enough sleep hopefully this bed will help me with that. As far as activity I know I don't get enough doctor I am dizzy and not a little bit a lot I actually have to hold on to someone to walk most of the time. I can't walk or exercise at all I am afraid of passing out. I am not sure what to do about this situation. It worries me. BTW if you like baseball we just went and the XXXXX XXXXX movie called "42" it was awesome you may want to check it out if you have any relaxing time. Great movie!

I do want to see that movie for sure. Just to make sure--dizzy as in the room is spinning around?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No doctor the room is not spinning. My dizziness is not like that. When we were at the movies last night. I had to sit up very high and I was ok until I was coming down the stairs I had to hold on to the rail and look down or I would have fallen. Also when we got down to the first floor level all of the people where there as we were walking I ha dot hold on to my husband and the wall and look down because seeing all the people moving at the same time made me dizzier.
OK--maybe we have different meanings for the word dizziness. Bdizziness I mean the felling you have if you spin yourself around quickly for a while and then stop and it still feels like you're spinning around. What you describe sounds more like a lack of balance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not feel like I am spinning. Never have felt that way.Balance yes my doctor knows it as well but since I had the MRI and it shows nothing he now ignores that I am dizzy. He had me stand with my eyes closed and arms out he saw me lose my balance I can't do it I weave back and forth.
Remind me--have you had your vitamin B12 and thiamine levels checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I believe so. I know my B12 was good. I gave you my last lab results and it seemed to have all been good.
OK--just checking. If it's that bad why won't your doctor have a neurologist take a look at you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know doctor. You are finally seeing what I have been going through with these doctors out here. I saw a neurologist in 2011 and he was next to nothing. He said I shouldn't have had the cat scan on my head it could cause cancer he said I probably will see you back here in a few years with rain cancer because of all radiation your brain took. So needless to say doctor I never went back to him. Then I saw another one who was a female and she said I had a seizure when I past out 3 times in 2010 and that is why I am dizzy. I asked her how can you make such an diagnosis without any test or X-rays? She was looking over my previous lab work and said you are very low in vitamin D she said the best way to get vitamin D is to layout in the sunshine 20 minutes a day in the NUDE. So needless to say I never went back to her. I hope you know by now after all this time you have been the only doctor who has taken the time with me and who has helps me in anyway. I am at a lost here of what to about my health. Because I don't know what is causing this dizziness and it has been like this since May 2010 that is why I am worried about anesthetic when I have to see the gastro.
OK--on ct scan of the brain does not cause cancer and sunlight can help with vitamin D deficiency but sometimes you still need supplementation. It certainly does sound like you've had very superficial and ineffective doctors in the past. Let me ask you this--do you live near a major university teaching hospital?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No doctor I don't the closest teaching hospital is 4 hours either way of me. I told you I the very beginning when we first started talking that. We have inadequate doctors in this area. Now you know it's true. I at a complete loss with my health issues and have suffered with this dizziness since 2010. And I don't know what to do about it. Even if I could get to a teaching hospital how do I get in? Don't u need a referral?
It helps to have a referral but it isn't absolutely necessary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know what to do doctor? Meanwhile my health is at stake here and it has been so long that I may have damaged something more who knows. Because we don't know what is causing it. That is why I asked you so many times if it could have been my heart with this other stuff popping up now.
OK--sorry if we've gone over this before but what kind of studies have you had for your heart?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
None. I did see a cardiologist he asked me what happened when I past out and then said it was not heart related. I did go to the ER a few times and they did EKG and blood test and a X-ray with dye and sent me home and said follow up with a cardiologist for further test.
OK--but no what's going on now isn't heart related
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok well I am glad to hear that. But now what do I do? Any idea what causes this dizziness? You know when I wake up first thing in the morning it's not to bad it's there but not to bad it's just that I must be very careful and do things slowly or I feel like I could pass out. And no way can I walk by myself or try to exercise at all. Another thing I can't get in any type of heat like the weather being hot or I will pass out. Or least feel like I will.
Well, we've talked about this before and you still need the other studies I mentioned before. I wish I could help you more with this, but I'm not your doctor. I would suggest calling the neurology department at the nearest teaching hospital and seeing if you can get a consultation there. Sorry, but I have to be off for a while so I'm going to need us to close the page.