Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

Hi, the MRI report stats the following: Findings: There

Hi, the MRI report stats the following:

Findings: There are a few scattered patchy partially confluent T2/FLAIR hyperintense foci within the deep and periventricular white matter bilaterally which are symmetric involving the frontal and parietal lobes.

Interpretation: Patchy scattered foci in the deep and periventricular white matter of the frontoparietal lobes may reflect sequelae of periventricular leukomalacia.

How bad is this? Is this confirmation of cerebal palsy and if so can it be determined what type: mild, moderate, severe?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

What is the age of the patient with this MRI report?

The report is significant in case the age is young. Please clarify.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

18 months. Born severe IUGR.

Periventricular leukomalacia (PVL) is characterized by the death or damage and softening of the white matter, the inner part of the brain that transmits information between the nerve cells and the spinal cord as well as from one part of the brain to another.

As the baby grows, the damaged nerve cells cause the muscles to become spastic, or tight, and resistant to movement. Babies with PVL have a higher risk of developing cerebral palsy.

However, the degree of cerebral palsy can be determined by thorough clinical examination of the baby.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

Hello, do you have any more question?
Hello there,

How are you? Do you need any more help?

I have already answered your question.