Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Hello, I was wondering why my MPV could be at 12. Im 35 i habe

Hello, I was wondering why my MPV could be at 12. Im 35 i habe low blood pressure maybe 90-112. All blood tests are fine just the MPV. Dr says its fine but I'm a bit of a worry wart. What do you think?

Thank you
Celina
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

MPV refers to average size of platelets in the blood. This test provides an indicator as to whether the bone marrow is manufacturing platelets normally.

For a healthy person MPV typically lies in the range of 5.0 – 15.0 femtoliters. You have a value of 12, this lies within normal range.

It is common to have small variations outside of normal range for MPV.
Sometimes different labs with different machines can measure these things a bit differently as well.
Your platelets are working well.

This is completely normal. It is good to hear that all blood tests are normal. No need to get panic or take stress. You are absolutely healthy. Please don't worry for any medical issue.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much!
Most Welcome and Thanks for using justanswer.com

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You're right it was only because the blood test papers have the cut off at 11.4!
And because I my sudden low blood pressure just freaked me out a little!
Maybe I need blood pressure pills to higher it though
Celina, It is common to have small variations outside of normal range for MPV. As per you lab readings, normal cut off range is 11.4 and you have a value of 12, still i would not panic.
You have normal blood tests. No need to get panic.

To raise a low blood pressure level, you should rehydrate by drinking lots of water.You should increase salt intake, Raw Beetroot juice, licorice root extract can be helpful. You should eat smaller, low-carb, frequent meals.