Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I fell backwards onto a concrete floor Tues. 4/09/13. I popped

I fell backwards onto a concrete floor Tues. 4/09/13. I popped my head on the concrete floor really hard. I was dazed for a few seconds but got up it took me a minute to get myself together but I didn't loose concscienceness (sp). I've had a headache off and on but my head is really sore (on the right side of my head at the back) The knot is still there but gone down some, It was the size of a baseball. Should I seek medical help to have it checked out?

As you description,i also advise to consult your family doctor for a clinical examination if you have severe headache and undergo CT scan.

Possible differential diagnosis may include Concussion.
Chances of head injury are less however possible.

Serious brain injury would generally make itself known over the first 24 hours, even over the first 6 hours.

Serious bleeding which would cause problems would certainly have caused symptoms (worsening headache, dizziness, lethargy, confusion, vomiting, numbness, weakness, etc) within hours.

It is common after bumping the head against something to experience some headache (most likely due to the jarring effect), and this should gradually get better and resolve completely.

Take OTC Tylenol only for headache.

If you have associated vomiting,dizziness,blurred vision,disorientation then you should visit ER for prompt management.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.