Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hi Doctor, So I am home now and I had a small bowel movement

Hi Doctor, So I am home now and I had a small bowel movement last night after the olive oil and this morning another one. Seems to be okay not hard. Should I keep doing the olive oil until I stop taking the zantac? If the zantac is working do I still need to take the prescription? Also what do you know about grape seed oil? It says to ask your doctor first before taking it. Also what do you know about tea tree oil? I bought some I know its not for consumption I bought it for a patch of psoraisis
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The grape seed oil and the tea tree oil are both fine and yes continue with the olive oil. If the Zantac works, you really don't need the other prescription
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting something to eAt right now. But I hope u r still on when I get done. I cleaned a little when I got home changed my bed because I received a new one and I am more dizzier then I normally am. And I keep getting headaches off And on
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--let me know when you're back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am back now. I ate a cup of split pea soup 7 bites of grilled chicken and 3 4 spoons of mashed potatoes and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.

I notice the last couple of days the left side of my stomach up under my breast area get a sharp pain and then goes away. I have noticed this before once in a while when I am having a bowel movement.

I think now the dizziness seems to be getting worse at times and the back of my head feels weird. I know the MRI didn't show anything bu doctor what is wrong with me? Its really not normal at my age to be dizzy all the time.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We've talked about the dizziness before--you still need the dedicated MRI of your ears and the MRangiogram of the vertebral arteries. As for the pain in the left abdomen that sounds like a touch of irritable bowel syndrome and nothing more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doctor who can order this test for me? what kind of a doctor? doctor are we safe to say its not my heart?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not your heart at all. Have you asked about either an ENT or a neurology referral?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't seen those specialists in about 2 years. I saw both of them about two years ago. Can a MD order these and if so would they even know what to do if they saw something? Doctor can it ever be possible for you to talk to a doctor I am seeing? after all I feel like you know me better then any of them you have certainly helped me so far every step of the way.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I can't talk to your doctors--against JA rules I'm afraid. Yes, your MD could order the tests and would know what to do about the results as far as who you'd next need to see
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

another thing doctor I have so much tension in my neck around the hairline going up into my head every single night to where it feels like it makes me dizzy too. and my shoulder muscle tensed and sore.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
This is only after you've gone to bed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh no doctor its all day long. its absolutely horrible. when i go to sleep its gets better. like right now the tension is over whelming back there

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--you said above every single night. Have you considered getting some deep tissue massage therapy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doctor this feeling is like every day all day long up until when I go to bed. I actually can feel the tension as far of as the middle of my head in the back. I have had massages and they have helped its been a bout month maybe i need to go again. I can feel how tight the muscles are back there and when I put cold on it, it feels better.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, again, you may have a disk problem in the neck but massages on a regular basis will help and even though it might be difficult for you to get the referral, a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD--would be very helpful with this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you said at one time you thought there could be a disk problem and it could maybe cause dizziness and I think you said a MRI of the neck is what is needed. Is this correct? Also if they do a MRI of the ears why can they do one of the neck to? I have a ppo we dont need authorization.

doctor the tea tree oil do i just dab it on my head where the psoriasis area is? and the grape seed oil is it only for cooking?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--a neck MRI The radiology facility can only MRI what's on your MD's prescription. The tea tree oil is for the entire lesion and grape seed oil can be used for cooking but also in salads and other foods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how often for the psoriasis on my head can i put the tree oil on it?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Three times a day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do I leave it on there or need to wash it off? I was going to take a shower right now and put some on the area on my head and go lay down is that okay to leave it on all night? I think some of this tension in the back of neck is caused by how I sleep.

I sleep with pillows propped up because my heart burn issues.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK to leave it on and if you can leave it on during the day that's fine too. Sorry--but it's my bedtime so we need to close here. Talk to you later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank yo doctor. have a good night. I am going to shower and sleep on my new bed. I will follow up with u tomorrow.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Take care until then
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice