Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Dr. Chip I received the a postive for the high risk hpv and

Dr. Chip I received the a postive for the high risk hpv and went ahead and had the colopolscopy the doctor assured me I wouldn't have cancer he said there was only one questionable spot but, I am feeling doomed and depressed. What does this mean do you think I can live a long normal life after this diagnosis? Will it go dormant like it did before? I don't even remember if I had the cyrosurgery before.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why exactly are you feeling doomed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Having high risk hpv. There is so much conflicting info. Do you think I could have cancer after having normal paps for so many years in a row. I had told you I had this problem 17 years ago but, I don't know if it was high risk or if I even got the cryro done. All I know is after I a couple of years I started getting regular paps and haven't had another abnormal until now.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What kind of conflicting info and again you really shouldn't be doing your own research on this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, I just wonder if this has the potential of going away again like it did before? My doctor told me I can continue unprotected sex that the virus doesn't ping ping. Of course I have read different. I am going to die from this?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The virus doesn't ping ping?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry ping pong back and fourth is what the gyn said.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. Yes, the abnormalities will resolve in time and so long as you get regular PAP smears to follow things you certainly aren't going to die. Even if this develops into cervical cancer down the road, when that's caught early it's easily treated with surgery and cured.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think with an lsil pap right now I dont have cancer? I am waiting on colpol results. Did you mean even the high risk can clear?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the high risk can clear and from what you've told me about what your doctor said, you don't have cancer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well we don't have the colpol results. He doest beleveit will be cancer from what he saw during the colops.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Of course you'll have to wait but I also don't think it will show cancer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will I be able to have more kids with this diagnosis of high risk hpv?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sure--that won't be a problem at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like maybe I am making to much of this. I have read online once again, so many stories of women having chronic problems because of this. Meaning the infection never clearing. I did clear before and I am assuming it was high risk as well since it caused pap smear abnormalities.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't read blogs like that and yes you are making too much of this. It cleared once, it can clear again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr last thing please. I just got my report. Can you help me interpret? mild cervictis no intraepithelial lesion dysplasia is identified. Endocervix benign no lesion dysplasia or malignancy identified. Clinical info states dysplasia of cervix unspecified. This does sound serious to me am I right?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, actually you're wrong and it's for that reason that I strongly suggest you not go to the internet to try to get any medical information. Very good news--no cancer and, in fact, not even abnormal cells at all. Just a little inflammation and that should go away in time. You really have absolutely nothing to worry about here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No no I was thinking I got a good report and wanted to confirm. Did you get the final report says dyplasia of cervix unspecified.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--you typed that it did sound serious to you. The report says clinical information states cervical dysplasia--that's what your doctor wrote on the specimen submission page and obviously he though you would have dysplasia on the report. But since the report says NO dysplasia you don't have any and it is a very good report.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Any time but remember to rate my answer please