Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

The psychiatrist said that i was physically and mentally e

Customer Question

The psychiatrist said that i was physically and mentally exhausted
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand that part but what specifically did he say as to what you needed to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to keep busy. Amd i have to hit therapy hard. Otherwise im going to end up back there or dead
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did he say what exactly he meant by hitting therapy hard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That i have to work really hard on my self hatred and anger during therapy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did you tell him what you've done with that so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No because i dont think ive done anything with it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, you and I have done some with it. Looks like he basically told you what I've been telling you for a long time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I wouldnt have even went to the er. But i took more later that night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So where are we going with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk. It was just a bad night that night. Do you think i needed to be put on a hold sunday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just cuz of what i did? How come you didnt tell me that that night How much tylenol does it take to hurt your body?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't talk about it in detail but I did tell you what you needed to do. It takes a fair amount of Tylenol to raise the LFT's if that was the reason for that. And anyone who did what you did should be held--no question about that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you disappointed in me for that? Be honest
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, not diappointed just makes me sad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How come?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That you hurt that badly to consider doing something like that and that I wish we could just jump start your treatment now to get you on the way to recovery instead of back into that black hole
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just so scared and alone
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
When, before you did it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wnen i did it. I stilll feel the same way
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Scared of what exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel scared of myself
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Stupid for me to ask but why not get together with a friend?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because i judt feel like being myself. My friend on sunday begged me to hang out with her.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You really need to fight that feeling of wanting to be alone and give her a call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think id make the best company
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Excuses again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Give her a call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will. The dr who rxd me the restoril told me that no matter what the reason never take more than 1. Why
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It'll make you very groggy during the day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont want you to be sad or to worry about me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Too late
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't be--you aren't responsible for other people's feelings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didnt you kinda wonder where i was when i wasnt talking to you mondsy or tuesday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Wasn't sure--thought maybe you couldn't afford to talk to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only went to the hospital because i know you would want me to
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well there was no way to know what you had taken--I couldn't ask because then I'd have to report this as a you-know-what. Glad you went, though
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know. I shouldnt have even told what i did. It was wrong of me to put you in that situation. Ive been taking the restoril since Monday can i continue taking it everyday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
For now yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why for now?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, people really shouldn't become dependent on them--a night or two every so often without anything is better
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But right now im taking it everynight. How long can i do that for?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
A week and then don't take it for the next night
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think im crazy? I feel like i need to sleep. Do you think i need a lot of sleep
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What's wrong with sleeping?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothings wrong with sleeping. But right now i think im sleeping to much
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So why the Restoril?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because before the med i wasnt really sleeping
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So what do you mean by you're sleeping too much now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For example i slept from 9ish last night to 8ish this am. Then took a 3 hr nap
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Probably from too strong a dose of the Restoril
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And its ok to just stop taking it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--no problem with only having taken it for a few days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there something less addicting i should try?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Melatonin, valerian, chamomile tea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stupid question do you think ill do what i did on sunday again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I really can't say--at least if you agree to talk to someone--and I may not be around at that particular time--before you try that usually defuses the situation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really didnt want to die
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then why did you do it? And why did you ask me about it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first bunch i took i just wanted it to make me sleep. Then i talked to you aboit it. Later when i decided to take the 2nf bunch of meds i kinda was hoping that would be tje end of everything
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But you said you really didn't want to die--did you realize that only after you took the second batch? And when you've done this before, has that been the case too?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It feeling of not wanting to die was stronger after i took the second batch. Before i dont really think i took the meds to die. I think i kinda knew all the othertimes i didnt take enough to do anythjng
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--so basically I'd say you aren't truly suicidal. And usually if someone tries something like that and then talks to someone about it it really is just a way of reaching out and asking for help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to take too much restoril
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You're doing it again here--yes you can overdose on it and for now I think you're taking too high a dose anyway
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just curious, i apologize. How many mgs do you think i should be on?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
15 mg for now but at this point I think you need to let up on them for a night or two
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not take it tomorrow ok? Do you think i will come to depend on them? What does mental exhaustion mean?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You'll only get dependent on them if you don't break up the cycle every few days. Mental exhaustion isn't really a medical or a psychiatric term. I suppose he meant you've been thinking and worrying too much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think i just needed sleep. What do you think caused me to do what i did
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
In a way it's similar to the cutting--anger with and lashing out at yourself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why arent you disappointed in me for doing it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Disappointment isn't a factor here--maybe it is with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then what is a factor here
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm just a bit sad and worried about you like I said before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why worried?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That you aren't doing that well and that you might try that again and that you don't have any support and won't ask for any--like with a friend or two
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You do know that you dont have to worry, Right?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because i can worry about myself. And you dont know me. And you shouldnt worry about everyone on here
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, in a way, in my profession worry is part of the job. And I don't know why you make a statement like I don't know you--of course I don't know you face to face or like a true friend, but that doesn't mean I can just turn things off by saying I don't know you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess. I just dont like people to worry about me. But im kind of glad you do. If i didnt think you cared about me i wouldnt have went to the er
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad in a way that that was the motivation for you. Important question here--why do you think you don't like the idea of someone worrying about you and would knowing that someone truly liked you bother you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Indont like the idea of people worrying about me because then inconstantly worry ill let them down. The idea of someone liking me really bothers me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let them down how exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iike ll do somrthjng to make thrm worry more and lije make them mad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm not mad at you and why do you think if someone worried about you it would make them mad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont really know.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't think it's that at all. I think you would be bothered because you don't like yourself and so if someone else liked you there'd be what's called a cognitive disconnect--when reality doesn't jive with your own thoughts and beliefs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am so unsteady on my feet. I fell and smacked my head pretty hard on the bathroom sink. Willbi be ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Here we go again--I can't examine you so I have to say you have to go to the ER no questions asked. No waiting until tomorrow to see how things go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not trying to frustrate yku. I didnt have lans on fallingv. Im just tired. I feel like a zkmbie.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not frustrated but you should have known I'd have to respond with that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ant think too tired. I go to bed now. I think too muvj medicine. No ers. I camt drive
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--let's close then. But at least make sure there's someone with you tonight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wht for. I tsje care of mrsehfl. I be ok rifht
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, hope you're OK in the morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I be oknin
Morninf right domyou promise
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I can't possibly promise you'll be OK. I think you will but I can't be certain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I triesx to sleep but i cahy. Iferl itchy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I need to go to bed--at least you aren't getting sleepy as with a brain injury from the fall. Let me know how you are tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im so tired but xant sleep
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Seriously--I have to go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a big bump on my head
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did you get some sleep?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really. I tossed and turned most of the night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--well I guess you'll be OK--It'll take a few days for the bump to go away. I have to be off for a few hours and we need to close this page--OK?
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice