Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Requesting Doc Chip, still have the upper shoulder pain

Hi Doc Still have the upper shoulder pain when I move it around

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--is it the shoulder at all or below the shoulder in your back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Below shoulder
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Was it there from the moment you got up today and is it better or worse than yesterday?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Better than yesterday. I also feel like I have a fever bit don't. Have a slight runny nose and have been taking nyquill....could it be a virus?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well a bit of a runny nose could be cold or an allergy but nothing more. Not sure why the shoulder thing still worries you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worries me just because it came out of nowhere yesterday morning and the morning before was the thigh pain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But as I understand it the thigh problem was associated with the cream application?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That I don't know. I think you and I were guessing that. I don't remember if I applied it there or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cream is for the tinea which occurred closer to groin/inner thigh. The pain from two mornings ago was a little bit outside inner thigh
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And was the thigh pain exactly like the back pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thigh pain felt like pain when you burn your skin touching something too hot. Back pain felt like tweaked it

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--then not related since the thigh pain wasn't muscular and still I think it was related to the cream
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Doc, the area where the pain was in right upper back, i noticed there is a big pimple there now...do you think this is what the pain is from?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What does it look like exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Like a giant zit i would say

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I assume it's very tender?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Am I in trouble physically?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK It sounds like some cellulitis and this may be developing into a boil. You're going to need some antibiotics for that but this isn't an uncommon thing and certainly isn't related, say, to HIV--in fact, with HIV there's a lowering of the white count so you don't make pus and can't get a boil.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't want to be dieing Doc...why are all these things happening to me lately

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You aren't dying and all you've really had is some persistent fungal skin infection and now a common boil on your back and some reflux with a taste change. None of this is uncommon or serious and again, if you keep worrying about HIV, bite the bullet, get the test--it will be negative and you can rest easy
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To add a new element to this...I just called my derm doc to get a check up...they told me he passed away sunday night...shocked...he was probably late 30s and very sharp

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Interesting--hard to say but sounds like a sudden cardiac death
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Could have been foul play