Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi Dear, I am on Clozapine 300mg for psychosis. I was at

Hi Dear,

I am on Clozapine 300mg for psychosis. I was at 15 mg then my doctor increased it to 20 now a week ago I am on 300 mg. I still have severe hallucination and delusional. My doctor gave me a test call therapeutic drug monitoring for clozapine. I done it a week ago and it showed very very low level of Clozapine basically nothing. My question is Is this normal with clozapine patient to show very low? Is this mean clozapine is doing nothing? My psychosis got worse then better. Can you please explain this? Thank you
Hi--just one question first--before the test were you taking the medication regularly and as prescribed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.

I need a detailed answer.
OK--I want to do that but I just wanted to make sure you were taking the medication regularly because otherwise the lab value would be low. If you are and your value is very close to zero, then for some reason you aren't absorbing the medication and, since it isn't really in your system, it can't be working for you. Your doctor's option would be to again increase your dosage or to switch you to a different medication
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your prompt and detailed answer.