Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

hello there

hello there . i get hiv test. Panel 083824 Hiv 1/0/2 abs-ICMA <1.00 index value : specimen reactivity relative to the negative cutoff. panel 162222 HIV 1/0/2 abs, qual Non reactive

negative : Non-reactive by ICMA

positive : Repeatedly reactive by

what is this ?i dont understand.

Hi--I'm sorry but can you give me the actual test results? Or are you just asking what these phrases mean?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is my test result. but i dont understand this. what is this

negative : Non-reactive by ICMA

positive : Repeatedly reactive by

OK--you've tested negative for HIV. The negative and positive statemens you just posted above just define what a negative or a positive test is. Nonreactive means negative for HIV
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why does it say that on the test page. It wasn't like this 6 mounts ago. It was just saying non reactive.

negative : Non-reactive by ICMA

positive : Repeatedly reactive by what is this ?

Again--that's just a description of what defines a positive or a negative test

Panel 083824 Hiv 1/0/2 abs-ICMA <1.00 index value : specimen reactivity relative to the negative cutoff. panel 162222 HIV 1/0/2 abs, qual Non reactive

This is the important part--it clearly states you were nonreactive which is the same as testing negative
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hiv 1/0/2 abs-icma

hiv 1/0/2 abs -index value <1.00 <1.00
index value: specimen reactivity relative to the negative cutoff.

hiv 1/0/2 abs, qual non reactive

negative: non-reactive by icma
postive: Repeatedly reactive by icma. refer to western blot confirmatory test for final interperation.

what is this sir ?

Still just saying you're negative for HIV--nothing more
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes doc. i understand. but i dont know why there is :

negative: non-reactive by icma

at the bottom of the page?

That is saying that if the test WERE positive you'd need the western blot to confirm. It's just saying what to do if the test did show you were positive but the actual numbers say you're negative so you don't need any other testing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanx doc. I did one and a half weeks before the sex.

I used a condom. I did oral sex. I swallowed the sperm. I'm really scared. if have the disease? becomes obvious when?

disease is transmitted to humans? When test results are taken? thanks

Sorry--I'm not sure what you said there--you mean the test was 1 1/2 weeks bore this sexual encounter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. i did sex 1 1/2 weeks ego. and I used a condom. I did oral sex. I swallowed the sperm. I'm really scared. if have the disease? becomes obvious when? When test results are taken?

OK--stay with me for a moment--how long ago did you have the test done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i used oraquick before sex. thats it. i have test 2 weeks ago. i have negative. and than i did sex. but now? i dont know about that. What are the symptoms for HIV virus?

OK--so you had protected vaginal sex but had oral sex without a condom?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i did sex homosexual with comdom. than i did oral sex , i dont used condom and I swallowed the sperm.

OK. The oral part is nothing to worry about since HIV can't be transmitted that way. With condom protected sex and an intact condom there's only a very, very small change of getting HIV. If you're concerned still, you need to be rested in three months and I'd suggest you have this done by a doctor. As for symptoms of HIV, there can be a flu-like syndrome with fever, sore throat, and slightly swollen glands about four to six weeks after infection, but that doesn't always happen. A person can be infected for months to years before other symptoms of HIV--like unusual infections--arise
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. sprem also have hiv virus? I did the research. there in the virus in sperm, blood and fluid. it said. its true ? if there is virus in sperm , Is it contagious? thank you so much

Yes it can but the virus is destroyed by saliva so HIV isn't transmitted orally like I said. You really only get HIV from unprotected penis-to-vagina or penis-to-rectum sex or from transfusions or from shared needles in drug addicts. Again, I don't think you should be worried here. And call on me any time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you so much doc... you are the best in there ..

My pleasure--glad I could help