Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

hello dr chip, how r u. need a couple of questions answered.

hello dr chip, how r u. need a couple of questions answered. well its getting hot and muggy and my heart allways beat much faster, and with all the yard work we need to do how t stay safe.and even when outside is cool i allways feel hot why
When the outside is cool? As in what temperature?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well for examples when outside is 60 i am hot in the house

Not sure exactly what you mean--hot it what way?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

like i am hot kind of like hot flashes my back gets sweaty and under my hairmy armpits sorry tmi

Is this something new?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no .probably for the last 3years

Sounds hormonal and nothing too serious. Yard work is fine, even in the heat, so long as you stay hydrated with juices or Gatorade
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so u think endometriosis, sweating weight all connected

Yes--all hormonal but not anything too serious
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dr chip hello i need ur input . our remodeling is done now i came frim work and started cleaning putting stuff from the basement my heart was poundin today is the same day so what u thing isnit too much on a body

Any heavy lifting?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yesnheavy lifting tables boxes furniture

So what's your heart doing right now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

now i am laying down it is beating ok.i dont want to die from it . i would lije to enjoy my new renovations

Again, why oh why do you think somehow you're about to die?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well i think because i work this hard at work come home and do all this lifting back up and down the stairs i will have heart attack and die

Stop thinking that way--that amount of work in someone your age doesn't cause a heart attack
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so unthink i will be safe

Of course.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its just when i go up and down the basenet with heavy obspjects u kniw i am some what overweight an dmy heart stafts pounding i get dizzy so its scarry

I know but anyone who does that is going to have their heart rate go up
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i know my question is first could so much exertion cause heart attack and second when it does go up i am afraid i will have arrytmia and die so there thats my fear

No that kind of exertion won't cause a heart attack and you don't have anything like a serious arrhythmia so just take a deep breath and let go of your fears. Now it's time to close the page with a rating please.