Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hip Xray Results

I had an xray of my hip and it stated that I had a small sclerotic density projecting at the right iliac wing which could be within the soft tissues or in the bone. Can you please explain? Also, could this sclerotic density be cancer?

Hi--can I first ask why you had the hip x-ray and if you have any other medical conditions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Chip - I have answered you several times - are you getting my msgs?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Chip - are you there?

Sorry for the delay. No, you're response to my questions isn't on this page--can you try again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - My rheumotologist ordered an xray of my hand, neck, spine and pelvis due to osteoarthritis that I have. The result above is the result of the pelvic xray. I have been having pain in my right hip for the past year and in December had a hysterectomy for pelvic prolapse and was hoping the pain would go away but it has not.

OK--I think this is nothing serious as it sounds like a small area of calcification in the soft tissue of the area and not more than that. That said, you need to have a ct scan of the pelvis to better identify its location in the soft tissue since if it were actually in the bone, although it still might be just benign, it could represent a primary bone cancer or a metastatic lesion from cancer elsewhere.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you - so this could be a bone spur, possibly? I have bone spurs all over my body. If my dr. does not suggest a cat scan, should I insist?

It could be just a spur but I'd srill get the ct to check that so do ask him