Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hi Doctor, My arm still is achy. I feel tired and no energy

Hi Doctor,
My arm still is achy. I feel tired and no energy maybe from not much food I ma trying to eat more. The heart burn is better. But I still feel yucky.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. How much have you been eating lately?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I finally ate a little more today.
I actually had two Sister missionaries who have been at my home for about 3 hours and one of them is not feeling well and they made me feel so much better I ate crackers with them and drank water. I ate some soup and one them gave me a massage and he prayed for me. Doctor I am truly feeling better right now. I pray I continue to stay this way feeling good. I called the gastro and they said they would talk to him but no phone call back about anything. Although I have a appt in the morning with my primary doctor.
I am feeling better right now. The missionaries were a blessing to me today.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear all that. I think the tiredness and lack of energy is from you're not eating nearly enough--you really do need to eat more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was sitting at my computer sending out an email and I had this pain in the back of my head and neck left side that made me sick to my stomach and made me break out in a sweat. It's gone now but scared me.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We've talked about that before--not your heart and just a tension headache from muscle spasms in your neck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel like there is still something wrong with the left front side of my neck and I think there has always been something wrong there since I past out in 2010 it has always felt weird and hurt and numb off and on. I feel like it might be the lymph node or carotid artery. I wish someone would do a MRI of my neck and see everything front and back.i am getting ready right now to go see my primary doctor this morning. I will let u know what he says when I get back.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--I'll be here when you get back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just returned home. The doctor prescribed omeprazole dr 40mg cer 1 time daily.

I was reading the side effects well i don't need anymore dizziness.

The doctor didnt even listen to my heart. He pushed on my stomach and felt my neck and asked if my stomach was tender and I said no.

He asked if I have vomited I said no.

my blood pressure was 122/76 my blood pressure is normally 120/60 or 120/65

I lost 5 pounds since last month but that is because I havent eaten much since last week. He told me to get some gatorade as I am dehydrated. The pharmacists told me to try and eat a apple a day because pectin is good for the stomach.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Unlikely you're going to get any dizziness from the omeprazole but give it a try for several days. Did he check your arms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No he didn't I told him about it though and he said it is coming from the stomach issues. He also told me to keep taking the zantac twice a day.

I am already dizzy I don't want to get any more dizzy. Is this a good medication to be on? I said so doctor are you sure its not my heart? He said no it is not your heart. And that is ok I guess but I am wondering how he knows for sure without listening or a ekg. He asked me if I have had this problem before and I told him a few months back I ate some hard boiled eggs and I felt like it was lodged and threw it up and the hardening was still there and I told him I started taking zantac then and it finally subsided.

The pharmacists said you have to take some type of medication to help with the burning or you can damage the esophagus. What if I have damaged it already doctor what can they do for it?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's a good medicine but you don't need both it and the Zantac. There can be esophageal burning or damage from reflux but the omeprazole will take care of that and let your esophagus heal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor,

I took a zantac already the pharmacists said wait until I go to bed tonight and take it. He said that it will work really good the first 12 hours and it would be better working while you sleep. what do u think? Also my left breast underneath had a couple sharp twinge like pains and left it was near the cheat cavity like the v area.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You take it twice a day--morning and evening. And again that pain isn't from your heart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doctor are you saying to take this new prescription twice a day omeprazole?

The bottle says once a day and the doctor said once a day.

Thanks for reassuring me about the pain under the breast area.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No--the omeprazole is once a day and it's best taken in the evening about an hour before bedtime. The Zantac, if you took that, would be twice a day. Time to close the page with a rating please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok doctor one more question they other doctor said take the omeprazole and the zantac. Is this okay to do or do I need them both until the feeling subsides completely? I will close the page after this sorry.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't be sorry. You can take them both but I would stop the Zantac in a week
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor first Of all I am out if town and I left my new medication at home I won't be back there until tomorrow. But I do have the Zantac and it seems to working just find for now. I noticed that I haven't had a bowel movement since last Wednesday or Thursday although I haven't eaten much until the last couple of days. I think the Zantac may have stopped me from going any suggestions doctor? Also I noticed a deep uncomfortable feeling in my back bottom left shoulder blade dull pain like from stomach area all the way through the back area.I have to send a message here again because u only have my phone for use right now.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The Zantac is fine for now and it can cause some constipation. You can try a Fleet's enema and some Miralax for now. If you're having both abdominal and back pain that can be from a peptic ulcer but medications like Zantac can help with that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not do the enema because of the hemmroid issue I still have. I am going to eat a salad right now hoping it will flush me out.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Forgot about the hemorrhoid--sorry about that. Try some olive oil with the salad and as a tablespoon by itself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I ate a salad at the red lobster with some chicken they didn't have olive oil. I am going to have some soup in a few minutes and I will ask for olive oil. I know you said not to eat after 7:00 but I will eat light.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Soup should be fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am back and I had soup and I ate a couplle of bites of steak and I had a couple bites of salad and some water and a tablespoon of olive oil. So we will see what happens tomorrow hopefully it wont be a all day problem I cant afford that I need to drive home which is aXXXXX I did notice I am passing some gas.Thanks for being here for me.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure but let's close this page with a rating for now
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)