Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Requesting Dr. Chip, Hi Doc I woke up with and slept through

Requesting Dr. Chip,

Hi Doc I woke up with and slept through the night with some unusual discomfort in my left leg.
Hi--tell me all you can about the leg problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's a tingling pain in my inner thigh area just in one specific area. Started last night when I went to bed after I applied some antifungal/steroid cream around that area (not sure if i played it on the pain area) to treat tinea. I am worried it might be DVT? I still feel the wird pain this morning

Skin color is normal? Any leg swelling?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Looks normal yes I don't think any swelling
So is this a burning like pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sort of...I would compare it to the sensation after you got a minor burn on skin from accidentally touching something hot
OK--nothing at all that resembles a DVT. Probably just a minor reaction to the cream. Could be a bit of a pinched nerve but to have it happen closely to when you applied the cream, I have to go with the cream. Not a DVT so you can put that out of your mind here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, out of curiousity and for my own knowledge, may I ask how you ruled out DVT? Should I also see a doctor about this or wait it out?

Well, anything's possible and of course I can't examine you but first you don't have any risk factors for a DVT and it usually takes many hours of immobility like a very long plane trip to cause a DVT. Second, the symptoms are leg swelling, sometimes some bluish color to the leg, and generalized leg pain, not just in one certain area. Third, a DVT and it's symptoms don't start to get better this quickly. But if you're still worried, by all means have a doctor look at it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it thx. I am on fence about seeing a doc but I guess will see how it feels tomorrow and if it has improved at all...Btw I owe you my blood work from my physical. I will send to you in a a few hours.

I'll be here but start that on a new page when you get back
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know I will sound crazy but could this at all be related to an STD?

No--none of this sounds at all like an STD of any kind
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thx

Anytime