Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

I am being treated for possible prostatis with Doxycycline

I am being treated for possible prostatis with Doxycycline Hyclate 100MG. I now have a sinus infection on top of it (chest congestion, sinuses draining with yellow mucus, sinus pressure.....I get a sinus infection every time the weather bounces back and forth here in Wisconsin). Normally I take a Z-Pack for the sinus infection and it knocks it right out. Will the Doxy take care of the sinus infection? If not can I take the Z-Pack and Doxy at the same time?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Doxy is not recommended / not helpful for sinus infection.

Yes, you can take Z pak with doxycycllin as there is no documented interaction between the two.
However, make sure that you do not expose yourself to direct sunlight while being on doxy due to possibility of skin damage.

Please inform your doctor before you start on Z pak. Self treatment is not advisable.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

Have a nice day.

If you have any new questions for me, please request me as DR. BORA in the opening statement of the question.