Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Was Diagnosed with slight case diverticulitis yesterday. They

Was Diagnosed with slight case diverticulitis yesterday. They put me on Cipro and Flagyl. i have read conflicting articles on not to drink while taking Flagyl... I enjoy my nightly night cap and concerened.
Hi--not sure what you meant by conflicting articles but for now I strongly suggest you forego any alcohol while you're on the Flagyl and for at least three days after you're off it. Even a small amount of alcohol can give you an Antabuse-like reaction with flushing, nausea and vomiting, and a rapid heart rate and a rise in blood pressure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thats kind of what i was thinking...Dr put me 14 days of it and I leave for a vacation Next saturday and I wont be done taking it yet. Would it be bad if I cut off a few days of tasking it? i know you should always complete your RX butI have read everyone else that went one it was for 10 days not 14.....

Ten to fourteen days is the recommend dosage but I wouldn't advise you not to follow your doctor's orders without consulting him first