Following is a sample diet (healthy and to reduce body weight);
1 Cup Cooked Oatmeal
Omelet (3 Egg Whites, 1 Slice Cheese, 1 Cup Broccoli)
Orange or apple
Light Tuna one can
Orange or Apple
3-4 slices of whole wheat bread
Water or Diet Soda
One cup whole wheat pasta
Two chicken breasts
One cup of cooked cauliflower
Half Cup Marinara Sauce
The general dietary advice would be;
1) Dietary fiber; Soluble fiber is present in foods such as beans, oats, barley, and fruits and vegetables.
2) Phytosterols; Phytosterols are present in small amounts in nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils. There are many products on the market that contain phytosterols for total- and LDL-C lowering. These products are orange juice, yogurt, margarine spreads, salad dressings, breads, cereals, milk, and granola bars. Phytosterols also are available in soft-gel pills.
3) Soy protein is healthy.
5) Alcohol; if one takes, limit it to 20-30 ml per day.
Following dietary pattern may be helpful;
1) Red meat in low frequency and amounts
2) Minimally processed seasonally fresh foods
3) Less than five eggs per week
4) An abundance of plant foods; fruits, vegetables, potatoes, breads, grains, beans, nuts, and seeds
5) Olive oil as the principal source of dietary fat
6) Fresh fruits as the typical daily dessert
7) Wine in low to moderate amounts; two glass per day for men.
The stores sell processed, preserved and genetically altered foods due to business compulsions. There are issues about logistics, high transit time and need for long shell life. All these increase the expiry of the food. So while opposite is healthy, it may not bring the profits. The genetically altered food may not be essentially unhealthy, Though some of the foods may be less easily digestible.
It is privilege assisting you.