Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

can trapped s3 nerve cause anal burning pain?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Yes, a trapped S3 nerve can cause severe anal pain.

The anorectal region receives nerve supply from different nerves - from the pudendal nerve, from the sacral plexus, from the inferior rectal nerve and also branches from the posterior femoral cutaneous and with the posterior scrotal nerves .

The pudendal nerve received fibres from the sacral nerves S2 - S4. The sacral plexus is compsed of nerve fibres from S1- S4.

So any entrapment of S3 nerves will cause pain in the anorectal region.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience: Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can injections help this? or what else would releive the pain?
Hi--the other expert is off line. Yes, cortisone injections and, if necessary, ablative injections to permanently deaden the nerve can be used as can therapy from a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist.