Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Im 33 and every now and then i have been hearing a fluid sound

I'm 33 and every now and then i have been hearing a fluid sound in the back of my neck near the base of the skull and its fallowed by a small headache for a couple minutes but lately it has been happening more from once or twice a month to every week
Hi--can you better explain the fluid sound? How long does the headache last and where does that hurt?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It sounds like a hose that is being crimped

The sound lasts about 1 to 2 sec

Headache lasts 3 to 10 min and is in the back top of the head its not a bad headache

OK--what you're hearing isn't fluid but the crinkling sound is the vacuum effect that happens in the facet joints of the cervical vertebrae from time to time and that by itself is normal. The headache is from spasm of the muscles of your neck. I don't think this is anything too serious but if it worsens, you should have an MRI of the neck to look for a bulging disk problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you