Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I seem to have a pinched nerve in my arm originating at the

I seem to have a pinched nerve in my arm originating at the elbow. I get a shooting pain down my forearm generally when I extend my arm. I've had the condition for about a week and a half and just recently started massaging the arm to hopefully help with healing.

Do I seem to have the condition diagnosed properly and is there something else to expedite the recovery?

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. As per symptoms yes this seems to be a pinched nerve. The shooting nature of pain in a specific position clearly indicates that the nerve gets compressed in elbow at that specific position. So apparently your diagnosis sounds right. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab aleve twice daily can help to reduce any inflammation causing that pinched nerve and also helps to control the pain. You can massage the area with OTC bengay cream too. If symptoms persist see your doctor to get Xray of the elbow joint and proceed according to the results but don't stress yourself because you will be fine soon. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What I very thorough response, Thank You!

Keith you are most welcome. You can always come back on this page to ask anything you want. I would love to assist you. Lots of best wishes for you. Regards