Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

Is it ok for liver enzymes to vary within the nomal range over

Is it ok for liver enzymes to vary within the nomal range over a period of several months? I had lab work done in December, february, and last week. My AST/ASF readings went from 16 and 14 in dec, 12 and 13 in february, to 18 and 18 in april. They test me bc I started a statin in January. I get concerned bc I have an echogenic liver that I have been dealing with since august. But have made major lifestyle changes to treat the condition. I've lost 32 pounds, started exercising, and never drink.

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Yes, this is normal and is due to the statins that you are on. This is only mild variation and is not very significant.

Statins tend to affect the liver enzymes and you should try to rely more on life style changes like a good healthy diet and regular exercises to deal with the fat in your liver.

So, the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that te variation in the enzymes is minimal and should not be worrying.

Best wishes!

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.