Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

Good morning. I take chasteberry, and a multivitamin every

Good morning. I take chasteberry, and a multivitamin every morning. Allergy season has started and I have severe hay fever. I take allegra under normal circumstances. I haven't started taking it yet. Will be there be any adverse reaction because of the chasteberry supplement?
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Do you have previous history of allergy from chasteberry supplement?
What are your symptoms now?
Any other known medical illness?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I don't have any allergy from the chasteberry. I was just concerned that it would stop the allegra from working to it's full ability

Dear Corinne.
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

As you do not have any known history of allergy from chasteberry,you are safe to take it.

Chasteberry will not stop allegra from its action.Allegra (fexofenadine) is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body.

There is no interaction between chasteberry & allegra.They can be taken together safely.

Also allegra will treat the allergy that can be due to any reason-hay fever or any other allergy.

So I advise that you can take your chaste berry supplement as usual you are taking every morning & you can take allegra as required along with it.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Hi Corinne
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Are you taking chasteberry supplements?
Is there anything else that I can help you out?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, your answer did help. Everything seems to be fine. Thank you again.

Hi Corinne,
Its nice to know that everything is fine now.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles