Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

hello i have a question for anyone that can answer a question

hello i have a question for anyone that can answer a question about "sports" fitness training and preparing for a competition game for the first time in 5 +years... after not exercising in as many years and not having a healthy diet?? please assist me if you can or point me in the right direction if possible

thanks, james
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Do you go to the gym or exercise at home?

What does your normal diet consist of ?

Your height and weight now?

I am still available online to respond after you answer my query / queries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do not go to the gym or exercise at home but i have had 3 training sessions over the last 3 weeks and 2 trial games for my upcoming season opening game in 2 days.... i also have played indoor soccer socially for abit of fun for the last 6 months once a week"very high intensity" workouts which i felt my body could not handle... had a lot of "stitches" and stomach cramps and ocasional vomit after a indoor soccer game at the begining of the 6 months and that stopped after 4 weeks or so.... my body weight is 91kg and i am 185 cm tall up from my weight of 82kg in my late team years of playing.....i dont really have steady diet i eat at different times of the day no set meals i rarely eat red meat...and i eat take-away food 3 times a week other days chicken,pasta, and my recent blood test showed slighty low iron levels and slightly above average cholestrol...is it possible to open a chat today to make things abit easier??

Thanks James for all that information.

Sorry but we cannot open the chat session now but hang on, I wil be back with an answer in the next 5 mins.
The best diet for you who is planning for a high energy game would be to add lots of fiber in your diet to replace the "take away food". This will make sure that you gain energy without taking in extra calories that become body fat and add to your weight.

Here is a link giving you examples about such diets but you can make your own choice it according to your body needs and taste.

Here is a good book which you can read up for the best results:

The All-Pro Diet: Lose Fat, Build Muscle, and Live Like a Champion is a book written by NFL Pro-Bowl tight end XXXXX XXXXX and registered dietician Mitzi Dulan.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Just like to add:

Low iron level would cause less stamina and you should talk to your GP for a regular iron supplement. You may also add a few things to your diet to lower the blood cholesterol.

These are:

spirulina, broccoli sprouts, quinoa, sea vegetables, soy products, and any of the green food powders or fresh vegetables. In addition to all this, I make sure I get plenty of fiber in my diet, and I eat a lot of macadamia nuts, pecans, peanuts, cashews and other nuts. You cab try these too and I am sure your cholesterol numbers would come down.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.