Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I feel tired though. But I didnt get much rest last night.

Customer Question

I feel tired though. But I didn't get much rest last night. I just got dressed for the first time today and I feel worn out already. Also I was putting socks on and I noticed a bruise behind my left knee cap weird it looks like purple and green. I am trying not to use my right arm to much but ts hard because I am right handed.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The bruise is brand new and you don't know how you got it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea. Maybe from the couple chewable aspirins I had. I do bruise easy but behind the knee behind myleg I don't know it' looks like it was pinched or something.I still have some loose bowels too.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--besides the arm what worries you most about all this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is all. But if its nothing Doc then I will try not to be concerned just will keep u informed.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So was last night with the sleep problem just a one night thing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have trouble sleeping a lot my husband snores a lot. And my bed isn't comfortable. Also I had heart burn again and took Zantac I ate peanut butter and crackers about 1:30 am maybe to late I guess
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Ever try ear plugs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they don't work he is so loud when we go to hotels they knock on ceiling and walls. I also have a wax build up in my right ear hat is bugging me. I have to go out to the bank and a few errands I will touch basis with u when I get back.mi really don't feel like going anywhere today. I am tired and I feel moody for some reason. I had a lot of hot flashes again last night to hat kept me waking up.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--get back to me when you get back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am back from running around now.

I have been feeling a little sick to my stomach but I have still eaten and kept it down I have just been eating light. Also I was drinking some ice water in the restaurant and I noticed my left arm muscle was slightly like going into a charlie horse and then went away. Weird huh? I have had cramps many many times and I usually have to take a muscle relaxer. I usually get them in my feet calves and toes. I also noticed today in my right hand in the fat part on my thumb it acted like it was cramping but then went away.

I will check back later and see if you came on. I am going to go take a shower and try to relax some. I am really tired I hope you come back on before I try to go to sleep to ease my poor weary mind you are very good at that.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--was off when you came back. Come back here in about three hours and we'll continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's about 5:00 am here I woke up about 4:30 to use the bathroom and thought I would check to see if you were back on yet. I went to sleep about 10:30 and slept until 4:30 and I feel ok.
Nothing new to report. Last night I thought about taking a Xanax to help sleep through night without waking up thinking about stuff but I didn't maybe I should have and I would still be a sleep right now.
I will try to go back to sleep and check back again later.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--when you have some time to talk let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Doctor. I finally went back to sleep about 6:15. And woke up at 8:30. My low part of my back hurts I hate to get out of bed it hurts so bad. I went out yesterday and purchased another new bed. The one I have I have only had a couple of months but it is simply not hard enough.
Once I get up the aching in the lower back goes away after a while. I think because I am over weight I have to sleep on a very hard bad or I will get body impressions and my lower back sinks in and aches all day long. I took another Zantac last night. I feel like I may need to take Zantac again for a while. I feel like heart burn again my chest this morning and I just woke up I haven't eaten or drank anything yet.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How's the arm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both arms feel okay today. You know thinking back on Wednesday I was in a hotel and you know because I am still dizzy I do not wash my hair in the shower I get on the floor and bend over the bathtub and wash my hair and I am a very over weight so sometimes it's a little hard to get back up so normally I put all my weight on my hands and push my self up on the bathtub. You suppose that could have been part of the problem ? What would have caused the left arm muscle to want to go into a Charlie horse and then only lasted less then a minute?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did you do something like that before the arm started hurting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did it on wednesday morning. And it started aching i think on thursday.I am 5'3" and weigh about 276 I am heavy.
I try to be careful when I wash my hair but I do this every week twice a week. I normally do it at my own home and I am in a smaller area where I know how to get my self up although I rest all my weight on my hands and arms to get up though. And then I push with my feet and legs to get up. I have been washing my hair this way since 2010 when I past out 3 times.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--potentially it could just be a pulled muscle but usually those are tender to the touch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well there doesn't see to be any tenderness on either arm. Question doctor if we're heart in anyway wouldn't I have had a problem by now?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes you would have and this doesn't sound at all heart related
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Doc it has had me worried that it could be my heart and I don't need or want any problems like that.After my left arm started trying to Charlie horse last night I though it was weird for both arms to give mr problems so I started thinking about what I could have done and realized it could have been when I was on the floor washing my hair. Although I am tired of the heart burn stuff again should I start taking Zantac again for a few days? Its weird but it seems like when I am standing up the heart burn isn't to bad.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--take the Zantac for about a week and try some capsaicin cream on the arms--nothing too serious here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks doctor you always set my mind at ease. How much Zantac 1 a day or two a day? I ordered that cream and should get it soon.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
One pill twice a day. Don't forget to rate my answer and take care until next time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just noticed when I raised my right arm that every once in a while its like it clicks on my top arm bone area.
As far as feeling sick to my stomach the last day or so what do you think that' is? My appetite levels is really low.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That sounds like a little shoulder bursitis--nothing serious. The nausea and the appetite loss is likely from the reflux and gastritis so the Zantac will help that and keep away from the aspirins for now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I take ibuprofen ? I am pretty sure the aspirin is making me bruise and if I take 1every day my bowels have blood in them. Also aspirin sometimes makes my stomach hurt. I will keep aspirin only if I feel I am having chest pain.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I suggest Tylenol instead--ibuprofen, like aspirin, can aggravate reflux and gastritis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Tylenol it is. I wish I could get well enough and start feeling better to start walking or using my exercise bike again. I am still battening the 1 hemmoroid although it doesn't hurt I haven't had the endoscopy or the colonoscopy until it heals itself other wise I can't drink that horrible stuff that gives you diarrhea. As far as the heartburn goes what is causing it? Could it be the hiatal hernia I have or what?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Usually it's a hiatal hernia but you can have reflux without one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if they do a endoscopy and see it needs repairing can they fix it at the same time they do the endoscopy and colonoscopy?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Usually it doesn't need repairing--just continual use of something like Zantac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't know that okay. I will use Zantac off and on then. And for a week twice a day one in the morning and one before I go to bed. Would it be okay to take a Xanax tonight to try and sleep all night?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK for the Xanax. Let's close this page with a rating please
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to send another message through here because you are offline. Is it okay to take a Xanax after intake Tylenol and Zantac? Also why does the heartburn burn more when I am laying down? When I stand or am sitting up there is almost no burning at all.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes the Xanax is OK with those two. When you lay down, the reflux can be worse because gravity pulls the stomach acid into your esophagus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like you don't spend as much time on here as you used to. Good for you doctor. I took two Tylenol a couple hours before bed and took a Xanax at bed time went to sleep about 10:30 and woke up a few times look at the clock and went back to sleep then I woke up at 5:45 I usually don't wake up this early and I can still feel the Xanax. I did sleep much better though. I get a lot of gas could that also contribute the low back pain ? And the right arm still aches a little.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I've just been busy this weekend--was there anything more we need to talk about for now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand you are busy doctor. All I ask is when you do come on even for a few minutes please just respond to any questions I may have for you. I am really having trouble when laying down with this heart burn when I am sitting up or standing its ok. Only when I lay lay down its worse. Also my left arm tried to go into a cramp and then it went away before it ever cramped. I have taken two zantacs today already.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It would help either to prop up the head of your bed or to sleep with two or three pillows under your head