Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Have some stomach discomfort today, have felt weird all da

Have some stomach discomfort today, have felt weird all day
Tell me more
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure, I woke up today with a mild hangover which is suprising because I only had 5 or 6 drinks and most it was beer with a couple glasses of wine. I guess my drinking was way down the past month though and this is probably only the second time I had this much to drink in a month...

Anyways I didn't end up eating lunch til about 2:30 as I was very busy with work and when i finally ate i had a chicken sandwich. After I ate it though my stomach still kind of felt the pain it feels when it has gone too long with out eating which is surprising. I then an hour later got a yogurt cup at starbucks and that made me feel somewhat better.

My stomach just feels like it has been in knots all day for whatever reason. I thought it was hunger but now maybe it wasn't. I am wondering if this is also tied to the saliva tatsing odd? I dont really have any cramps or blating and no diarrhea. I have felt like belching though...

Don't take this the wrong way but you had that much to drink last night and now you're surprised at the way you feel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess in the past (before last month), that used to be a regular thing 4 nights a week or so

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I rarely felt the effects throughout day like i have today

Well, first off you're basically describing what most folks would feel the day after a drinking spree like that. In addition, if you have a problem with reflux and maybe H pylori infection with gastritis, the alcohol just made all that worse. I suggest you stay away from any alcohol for a while, take some Prilosec or Pepcid AC on a daily basis, and, if your doctor didn't screen you for H pylori, call him up and ask that he do so
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok what does a screen for H pylori involve?

A breath test is best although it can be a blood test
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thx. Sounds like I dont have any reason to go to the ER then?

Not at all--this isn't anything that serious
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thx

Keep in touch
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Doc,

FYI I googled the saliva thing and found this article...http://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multiple-symptoms?symptoms=metallic-taste-in-mouth|strange-smell-or-taste|taste-of-acid-in-mouth|unusual-taste-in-mouth&symptomids=459|574|191|245&locations=7|7|7|7

THoughts?

You really shouldn't Google your symptoms--not with your OCD problem with health issues. The one thing on that page that really is what I think is your problem is the GERD