Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a constant "crackling" in one ear. Sometimes, when I

I have a constant "crackling" in one ear. Sometimes, when I push my earlobe tight, it will stop but not usually for long. How can i STOP this constant crackling? Need a solution. If you come up with the CURE that works for me, I will pay a bonus. Thanks
Hi--how long have you had the problem and what exams and tests did the ENT do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About 6 months of which there was a gap of about a month that it went away. As for exams, he looked into my ear with something. No other tests that i can recall.

OK--is it just a crackling or does the ear also feel stopped up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mostly just the crackling but sometimes it feels somewhat clogged, kind of like the feeling you get when going up/down to fast in a plane or elevator. I do clean my ears regularly with a Qtip but am very careful how deeply it penetrates. Also, i take a shower at minimum 5 days a week but not sure if that would make any difference.

OK--you have Eustachian tube dysfunction and I disagree with the ENT's suggestion of a decongestant or an antinhistamine since those can actually make things worse. You need craniocervical manipulations by a master osteopath to resolve this and here's a link that will help you find one near you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is ETD something that is usually easily/readily cured by a good master osteopath?

Yes--that's exactly who I'd send you to if I were your doctor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its kind of ironic.. My wife has me set to see an osteopath on Monday.. I will let you know how it goes.. Thanks!

My pleasure but let me know how it goes and remember to rate my service to you