Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

my mom has hep C from a blood tranfussion she does not drink,

my mom has hep C from a blood tranfussion she does not drink, now it is getting bad she has only 20% of her liver working she is 70 years old and was told she could not get a liver transplant and she has ascities she was or will be 3 times this month each time they can
remove more than the last time so whe is up to them taking of 4 liter out of her chest cavity we where happy to hear there was not enought to remove from her stomach erea yet?
What does this all mean, How long do I have with my MOM. she would think of letting be donate 1/2 my liver I am working on getting her to be ok with that but if she is to scared to do that then how long do we have before things get real offal? I see yellowing in the skin,
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your mom but with a liver working only 20% of normal, she could be having only a few months at hand.

Usually hepatitis C and B affected liver has a poor prognosis due to cirrhosis.

Moreover, her age is also a factor that indicates a relatively poorer prognosis.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.