Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

my son and i just got back from a trip to london and paris.

my son and i just got back from a trip to london and paris. the second night in paris he got a rash (small not really itchy rash) on both legs. i gave him claritan and it was fine until the next nite at 7 pm, so he had it fri nite sat nite and we came home sunday and it came out again sunday and mon and tues (altho seems to be getting less and less of a rash) at same time every nite and gone in morning and he took no claritan last nite or mon nite. any idea? could it be anxiety.. he started a new school on monday and rash started fri nite before
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

The "request lock has expired as the other expert is offline".

So, is the rash itchy?

Is it only one rash since friday nite?

Did he have fever too?

I am still available online to respond after you answer my query / queries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rash is not really itchy..
There is no fever and its on both legs mostly on thighs and disappears by morning
Hello Marcie,

The appearance of the rash on teh thighs is suggestive of a "frictional or sweat rash".

Just try to make him wear cotton clothes and keep the area dry.

You can give him a bath in lukewarm water with epsom salt soaked in it.

Applying a good emolient like "aveeno" cream will help to heal the rash.

You would get both in a nearby drug store or walmart.

The rash should disappear in the next 2 to 3 days with these self help remedies. However, if it persists, you should take him to your family doctor to exclude a fungal rash, the latter being common in this area.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.