Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have a red circle on the shaft of my penis near the head,

I have a red circle on the shaft of my penis near the head, it is painless, not raised or fluid filled. it has been there for about few weeks now with no change in status. i went to the doctor today for it and they did blood tests to see if its an std. Yesterday i felt like dry skin and today a layer of dry skin peeled off of it. I have increased my sex a lot in the last few month so im wondering if its just from friction
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

How large is the circle?

Customer:

its about 3-5cm maybe

Dr. Saha :

Is there any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke itching?

Customer:

no itching and it never seems to bother me at all except a little bit during sex but even then its not painful or consistent it only lasts a few seconds

Dr. Saha :

Did you get the results of tests?

Customer:

no i just did the blood tests today and they didnt give me any info on it really they swapped it and looked at it under a microscope thats when they said they weren't really sure but to be safe the wanted to run the test

Dr. Saha :

There can be a few possibilities.

Dr. Saha :

Redness from friction is unlikely to last for weeks if it is not repeatedly traumatized.

Dr. Saha :

STDs should be ruled as out .

Dr. Saha :

There can be other possibilities too like a fungal infection.

Dr. Saha :

Dermatitis can be possible.

Dr. Saha :

Did doctor prescribe any medicine?

Customer:

nothing. i have had sex several times since i noticed it as i was sure it was from friction but just am concerned because it hasn't cleared up

Dr. Saha :

You can apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole, meanwhile.

Dr. Saha :

This will help to clear it in case it is fungal.

Dr. Saha :
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Dr. Saha :

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know

Dr. Saha :

You should avoid sex now as friction can aggravate it.

Customer:

what makes you rule out STDs out of curiosity because that is great news for me to hear and i just want to be clear

Dr. Saha :

I am sorry for the confusion. I wanted to mean that tests should be taken to rule out or check for stds. However, other probables are there which I mentioned.

Customer:

oh, ok

Dr. Saha :

If you have any further query, please feel free to ask.

Customer:

Based off the symptoms and description what are the odds it is an std? the doctors today said my lack of symptoms was a plus, being that it doesn't bother me, and i have no burning or painful urination, or any flu like symptoms associated with stds

Dr. Saha :

Yes, doctor is right.

Dr. Saha :

You do not have any sympXXXXX XXXXXke fluid filled vesicles, ulcer, burning.

Customer:

so is it most likely from friction

Dr. Saha :

It is one of the possibility.

Customer:

ok thank you i'm just trying to see what may have caused it and get an opinion iif it is an std while i wait for the resultd

Customer:

results*

Dr. Saha :

You are always welcome.
Dr. Saha :
If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating..

Good luck.

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience