Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have allot of tension in my shoulder on left. My husband

I have allot of tension in my shoulder on left. My husband was massaging it and pressed in one spot close to where arm connects to shoulder. It hurt allot sent tingles all down arm and made my wrist hurt. Was this a pressure point? He says he felt a knot. If it was a pressure point could it harm or kill me with him having had pushed it?

Do you have neck stiffnes?

What is your occupation?

Associated chest pain,shortness of breath?

Any history of trauma?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No chest pain or breathing issues. I'm a stay at home mom. My doctor said I have muscle tension in neck causing disc to buldge and press on nerves. I suffer from acute panic disorder. So yes neck stiffness. I take Ativan and ibpro.

Thanks for providing more information.

As you describe there may be possibility of Cervical spondylosis(any condition that puts pressure on the nerves where they leave the spinal column which after passing from neck radiate to arms and fingers.)
Any sort of pressure in pathways of nerves can result in radiating numbness, pain,tingling sensation in shoulder,arm,wrist
.So you should undergo an MRI/X-Ray examination of the cervical spine ( AP and lateral views) and a clinical examination by either Orthopedist or Neurologist for further evaluation and management .
Take proper rest and also go for physical therapy for pain management.
Do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses on neck .
Also take OTC Motrin.
If pain is severe then visit ER for prompt management.

Otherwise it is not a life threatening condition.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well my question was basically is there a pressure in shoulder where I described and is there any danger to my health by pressing in one very hard?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Pressing very hard can worse your pressure in shoulder.

So if you want to get some massage then it should be gentle and it's good to apply muscle relaxant ointment on it.

Also do warm compresses on affected area with a heating pad.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.