Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have a bruise on my stomach that wont go away. ts been

I have a bruise on my stomach that won't go away. t's been over 3 weeks and there is no sign of it fading..at all. Is this normal or should I go see my doctor?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Greetings Blair.

Is it possible for you to attach the photo?
You may click the paper clip icon for attaching it.

Was there any kind of injury, after which the bruise appeared?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see a paper clip icon.

I don't think I injured myself. The bruise is blue in color and runs in a vertical manor. It hasn't changed color or size at all in the last 3 weeks.
Hello Blair,

Paper clip icon is available only Mozilla Firefox and IE browsers. This may not be present in Google chrome.

Are you on any medications?
Any pain or tenderness?
Any other symptom?
Any significant past medical illness or surgery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you on any medications? I'm on Xanax and Paxil
Any pain or tenderness? I don't think in that area specifically. I binge and purge so I have pain in my stomach alot.
Any other symptom? I've been running a fever lately.
Any significant past medical illness or surgery? Nothing major and no surgeries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if this helps but It's not a circular bruise, it's long and sort of just looks like a line
Hello Blair,

A fever with a persistent bruise which is not going away in last three weeks would warrant an examination by a doctor and investigations like blood work for complete blood count and comprehensive metabolic panel. A viral Exanthem may be a possibility. The off and on stomach pain also may be related to these (fever and bruise) symptoms. The stomachache, I understand was present earlier too, but sometimes a new cause of the stomach pain may have same character and is difficult to differentiate with the earlier one. The other possibility can be mild vasculitis, which too is related to the viral illness.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So most likely this is nothing serious right? Will this most likely go away on it's own?
Blair,

This is unlikely to be serious. This has an high possibility of going away spontaneously (on its own).

It is privilege assisting you.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine