Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Starting around 6 pm yesterday, I started feeling like I breathing

Starting around 6 pm yesterday, I started feeling like I breathing through a broken straw, no other symptoms. I kept clearing my throat but the feeling wouldn't go away. After a few hours I started to develop a sore throat, a fiery, gritty soreness, which I assumed was a product of all the throat-clearing. Before bed, I took one dose of NyQuil and rubbed VapoRub on my throat and chest.

This morning my throat pain was nearly gone, but so was my voice. The throat soreness has returned, but not as intense as yesterday. Around 6 pm today, I started to notice the salty phlegm taste when I coughed. I haven't been able to cough anything up yet.

I'm getting married in 2.5 days! Please help me get rid of this!

Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 23
Additional information to your question: Also, some intestinal issues that are probably related to pre-wedding stress and not the respiratory thing...

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : It sounds that you may have a respiratory infection with this onset of cough and sore throat plus the shortness of breath...
Anthony Bray MD : i would advise that you have your doctor check you tomorrow !!
Anthony Bray MD : you
Anthony Bray MD : You may be benefit from an antibiotic IF this is bacterial ( it is probably more likely viral however)
Anthony Bray MD : at any rate I recommend that you have this checked out.... With your important day coming up this is unfortunate timing... You doctor might opt to check a CBC with differential of the white cells to judge if this is more likely bacterial vs viral more quickly....
Anthony Bray MD : if you have fever and increased shortness of breath then these would be concerning symptoms...
Anthony Bray MD : Hopefully this will be a simple viral illness that will pass quickly...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this information helps!
Anthony Bray MD : good luck and best wishes on your upcoming marriage !!!!
Anthony Bray MD : if my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated! Thank you and best regards !
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD : Ps let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!