Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Its been 5 weeks now and i stopped the cymbalta i also three

Customer Question

Its been 5 weeks now and i stopped the cymbalta i also three weeks ago stopped the clonazepam. I am still experiencing withdraw symptoms. I wake up every hour and a half and have to go to the bathroom. The worst is the skin on my back and feet now not only feels like its crawling it comes togeather in spots and is then really tight, the muscles in my arm feel brusied and then along with the crawling skin there are shape stabbing pains in differnt areas of my back. Ben Gay gives the best relief but the pain is horrible sometimes. i cant tell if its muscles or nerves but before i stopped the meds it was forming knots under my skin and those are almost gone now. I feel light headed alot. When the skin crawls them areas get extremely tight and its painful when i move that area like it stretching the skin apart. I have been taking fish oil and other natural supplements but i would like to know how long this last and what can i do for the pain. I dont want to take any other medication for it as it seems my systmen no longer agrees with medications. I had a septic reaction in Sept 12 and was in bad shape but am really in excellent shape now however my system seems to have changed since them and i have had a few allerigic reactions to across the counter meds and scripts as well as a cream that was recommended instead of the ben gay it almost caught my back on fire. So any advice or if you could tell me how long i might be experiencing all of this would be great
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi again--you haven't talked to your doctor about this at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I have been reading about the withdraw symptoms and it appears that most doctors are not aware of all of these side effects which would explain no reactio when i told him i was going off of them

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--the withdrawal symptoms can take several months to resolve but as I told you before there are ways to mitigate them. What have you been taking as far as over the counter meds for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im taking mostly vitamins C, A, D, B comples. zinc, cla-mag, biotin, melatonin, advil, asprin, magnesium and vaeria. I am also having nausea frequently and taking across the counter tabs for that but they don''t help

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. First off you should see your doctor for a thorough exam just to make sure this is all from withdrawal and not from anything else as in an autoimmune disorder, fibromyalgia, or chronic fatigue syndrome. As for the withdrawal, while I know you wouldn't want to try any prescription medications, a short course of Valium or clonidine would help here. As I said before, putting you back on the Cymbalta and the clonazepam at low doses and then weaning you slowly off those would be the most effective way to deal with this.