Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I run a lot and when I was running I got sharp pain lower left

Customer Question

I run a lot and when I was running I got sharp pain lower left abdominal butt went ahead and finished my run butt now when I try to run the faster I run the worse the pain it hurts a little getting up and down I also am a coach who spots lots of tumbling here lately I feel pain in left testical. Any idea what I've done
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the question and coming on Just Answer. I would like to have few important details. Pain is in your left butt mainly & also in lower left abdominal region? Any pain or discomfort during urination? How long you have this testicle pain & still having right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no pain in my butt the pain is lower left abdominal noticed testical pain last couple days when I try to run is when I feel the pain sometimes when I walk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pain when I urinate

Thanks for the details. I would like to say that there is high likely possibility of ureteric stone in your case due to the symptoms. Also important to investigate other possibilities such as kidney stone, infection, hip joint arthritis and others like that. I will highly advise to see your physician for complete evaluation and tests such as abdominal-pelvic scan, urine culture, full blood count. It is highly recommended to see physician soon as you can due to urgency as testicle pain can be serious & important to rule out testicular torsion which is an emergency unless rule out by physician examination.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes

Dr. Amir Javed.

Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am DR. BORA.

I would like to slightly differ from the above expert.

There are only few possibilities with your symptoms:

1. Left sided inguinoscrotal hernia: This means that there is "bulging out" of abdominal fat or small intestine into the groin and scrotum. This can cause both pain in the left lower abdomen as well as the testicle/ scrotum.

2. Left lower ureteric stone:
A stone impacted within the ureter ( tube leading from your kidney down the urinary bladder which holds urine).

These two are the most likely possibilities considering your symptoms.

Take an advil for the pain and put on warm compress over the painful area to reduce the pain.

You should go to the ER for this or see your family doctor right away as both the medical conditions are emergency. Get clinically examined and an ultrasound of the abdomen, for diagnosis.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating) to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.