Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)
16101430

why does my breath & tongue smell & taste like shit when i

why does my breath & tongue smell & taste like shit when i make abowel movement,also after bowl movement i wipe &wipe but get a smell like i havent wiped at all.
Thanks for the question and coming on Just Answer. I would like to have few important details. History of heart burns? History of drinking more carbonated drinks or alcohol? History of diabetes or any known medical illness?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am diabetic,and i do drink pepsi

Thanks for the details. I would like to say that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as acid-reflux induced complications which can give such taste disorder or smell. Also important to rule out possibilities such as oral infection, neuropathy, nutritional deficiency or any tongue, oral malignancy (any discoloration or swelling or change in shape). In rare cases this can be due to anxiety or psychological induced. I will advise to see your physician for evaluation and tests such as throat swab test, full blood count, serum vitamin B12 level, HBA1C range, thyroid function tests, urea breath test. I will suggest to use Pepto-Bismol available OTC for four days. Avoid spicy or junk food, avoid carbonated drinks, avoid garlic or ginger. Drink plenty of clear fluids, take at least five portions of vegetables or fruits in a day. Take multivitamins one tablet daily. I will also strongly suggest to make an appointment with your doctor soon as possible to rule out any thing serious.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes

Dr. Amir Javed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i only get the smells when i dont empty my bowels all the way,then i get the shit smell from mouth & ass

Yes this can be due to any of the possibilities which I mentioned above and incomplete fecal evacuation can be the triggering factor. I will also suggest to add probiotics in diet and take Syrup. Pepto-Bismol available OTC for four days. Follow the guidelines which I gave and you will find these helpful. I will again suggest to see physician for evaluation and baseline blood tests along with tests which I mentioned.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is leaky gut syndrome

Leaky gut syndrome is not any confirm diagnosis as this is not established yet. Sometimes people do often mix this with small intestinal disorders or malabsorption syndrome. This is not any diagnosis as I am specialist in this field but misconception or mixing up things.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.